Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35558 - 06/02/02 11:50 AM Wrinkle spray
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Has anyone tried the spray that's supposed to take wrinkles out of clothes? Is it worth taking on a trip?

Thanks!

#35559 - 06/02/02 12:01 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi, Diana--
We use it at home (hate to iron!), but the spray bottle might be a bit tricky to take along on trips...it would be awful to have it leak all over your clothes. It's really not packaged for travel at all.

Basically, you spray it on the wrinkles and then stretch the fabric out in all directions...it doesn't always remove the wrinkles completely, but it does make them less noticeable. I use it for sweaters and t-shirts that have been folded for a while. It's not as worthwhile for dress shirts or things like that, where you want a real "pressed" look. But if you could find a way to repackage it for travel, you might use it for regular travel clothes.

I often try to take clothes made of knitted matte jersey (do a product search for "matte" at http://www.jjill.com for examples) along while traveling--the wrinkles just fall out when you put them on. Also, I fold clothes carefully (and don't fold them in half so there's a big crease down the front) when packing.

#35560 - 06/02/02 12:44 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
Anonymous
Unregistered

Iam just curious tara......
1)Where can i buy this!
2)How much is it?
3)Can it be used on the face?
hehehe. eek
I bet MM was wondering how long it would take before some Jack*** asked.Right MM?

Spike (age 37) rolleyes

#35561 - 06/02/02 12:48 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
It comes in lotion form, Spike, and you wash with it twice a day. You should see what it did to my Shar-pei.
rolleyes

#35562 - 06/02/02 02:32 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Diana, I am not a big fan of the wrinkle spray myself. It´s more trouble than it´s worth.

I agree with Tara about the matte jersey knit. The wrinkles fall right out after hanging the clothes. If I pack other fabrics, I pack them in tissue paper which helps avoid wrinkles.

#35563 - 06/02/02 07:37 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
Diana Offline

Thanks, everyone. You've confirmed my suspicions. I know I shouldn't bring things that wrinkle, but those are the pieces I like!

In the meantime, I did a google search, and came up with an interesting tidbit you may like to try, seeing as some of you use the stuff. (From Libman cleaning tips for laundry rolleyes ) Take an empty 16 oz spray bottle, add 1 oz liquid fabric softener, 1 oz alcohol, and fill the rest with water. It supposedly works like the Wrinkle Free spray. rolleyes

And Spike, I came across some VERY interesting wrinkle info in my search! wink Unfortunately, my clothes didn't appreciate any of it! frown

#35564 - 06/02/02 07:43 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
Diana Offline

Thanks, everyone. You've confirmed my suspicions. I know I shouldn't bring things that wrinkle, but those are the pieces I like!

In the meantime, I did a google search, and came up with an interesting tidbit you may like to try, seeing as some of you use the stuff. (From Libman cleaning tips for laundry rolleyes ) Take an empty 16 oz spray bottle, add 1 oz liquid fabric softener, 1 oz alcohol, and fill the rest with water. It supposedly works like the Wrinkle Free spray. rolleyes

And Spike, I came across some VERY interesting wrinkle info in my search! wink Unfortunately, my clothes didn't appreciate any of it! frown

#35565 - 06/11/02 04:40 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
prez Offline

Loc: L A
I've learned to roll clothing into a tight roll. you'd think it'd wrinkle more that way but it doesn't. Esp. works if you lay several pieces on top of each other or criss-crossed over each other, then roll or fold. No creases, I promise!

#35566 - 06/11/02 05:41 PM Re: Wrinkle spray
miche_dup1 Offline

MM doesn't worry about wrinkle free clothes, he's always in his birthday suit!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments