Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35553 - 05/31/02 09:37 PM scammed
sgerene Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX
has anyone ever been overcharged- since you dont know until you get back and get a statement- im just concerned that someone might think stupid american- or maybe onaccident over charge or charge twice(this just happened to me on a tab in texas) do you save your receipts- im using my visa check card(s) when i go over
also has anyone had their card eaten by a machine?- im bring three cards just in case

#35554 - 05/31/02 09:59 PM Re: scammed
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
If you use a credit card instead of a check card it is easier to dispute errors. With a check card the money is automatically deducted from your account and it is difficult to retrieve the funds. With a credit card you can hold the payment while resolving ligitimate disputes.

I have used credit cards in Spain for years and have not encountered any problems yet. We will see what this Summer brings.

#35555 - 06/01/02 10:47 AM Re: scammed
SRedw Offline

I agree with breibach, however, your checkcard can be used as a credit card. Something else to think about.

Shawn

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1523 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments