Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35370 - 01/25/03 10:45 AM Passport and more
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
I read that in addition to a passport some kind of medical record is required to enter spain from the U.S. is this true?

#35371 - 01/25/03 11:39 AM Re: Passport and more
NEWYORKRED Offline

Loc: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
In response to the question about your medical record as a requirement, let me explain a few things:
1. Those who are travelling abroad from the USA who have medical histories r/t cardiac insufficiencies, insulin dependency, respiratory obstructions, etc that require medications daily and weekly will be required to have a note from their physicians explaining the reasons for the multiple meds to be filled by a Registered Pharmacist from another country.
2. As much travelling as I have done, the RPHs in Europe,Asia, etc have no problems filling these precriptions.
3.Now the real reason for this outgoing alert by the Federal Government, is that in case of "war" or any "disturbance " within Europe, the Middle East, etc that can and will affect Americans abroad, it is the "safer than sorry" alert. This means that everyone should be " prepared" for the worst.

As a Dept of Health representative, I can say that the "alert" was a forward in case of the decison for the January 27th deadline by Pres. Bush.

I,along with many of my peers upon receipt of this message from the Dept. of Health were concerned. I inquired about the logistics and criteria requiring travelling abroad and was able to attain more information which I listed.

In other words, your "medical record" is not required unless you have prescriptions that need to be filled after 5 days. But personally, most "saavy" travellors know better. They prepare themselves ahead of time for long journeys.

No need to worry. Your medical record is considered "CONFIDENTIAL" therefore, DON'T BRING IT".

I hope this answers your question.

Safe travel.

#35372 - 01/27/03 09:38 PM Re: Passport and more
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
Thanks for the infromation...it is most appreciated.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments