Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#35361 - 02/25/02 02:45 PM Re: Madrid Airport ATM
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
Cornelio- I see you are from Dublin, CA. I live in San Rafael, CA. Where can I get euros? Thanks. Catalina

#35362 - 02/25/02 06:28 PM Re: Madrid Airport ATM
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
ATM's are serving only euros since mid january. There are ATMs from the major networks in Terminal 1, you'll find them either in the arrival floor, and the departure floor.

They are quite easy to find, remember T1 is small, and it will be difficult not to find them. I case something happens, remember that a along the corridor there is T2 (national & schengen european flights)and there is again a full set of ATM's.

#35363 - 02/25/02 09:00 PM Re: Madrid Airport ATM
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
Thanks to everyone.
Catalina laugh

#35364 - 02/28/02 03:22 PM Re: Madrid Airport ATM
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
Hi Catalina,

Sorry for the tardy response. I was in Spain from Dec 26 thru Jan 5th, and no matter how smooth they claim the transition went, there were still some snags. On January 1st, some ATMs were dispensing Euros, others still pesetas. Whenever I bought something, I would be asked if I wanted the price "in Euros or Pesetas". Lines at the stores seemed to crawl because cashiers just were not used to the new currency and thus were fumbling around to give you the exact change. You see, during January and February, you were supposed to be able to use either, but you would get the change in Euros, but even that was inconsistent because some small stores were still giving change in pesetas. But, I'm sure all that is ironed out now since pesetas will no longer be accepted on March 1st, if I remember right.

As for getting Euros, like Nativo said, all the ATMs in Madrid should be dispensing strictly Euros now. There are ATMs all over Madrid and so you don't have to worry and there's no need to get it at Barajas. Personally, as soon as I arrive, I head straight for my hotel and worry about the ATM afterwards. There ubiquitous in Madrid.

Haven't been to San Rafael for some time, though last time I was there I had this wonderful meal at this Indonesian place right in the heart of downtown, though the name eludes me right now.

Happy Trails,
Cornelio

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments