Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3531 - 02/04/02 06:53 PM Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
amonline Offline

Loc: UK
Anyone heard of Hotel Osuna ? A bit weird because on their own web site with searchable reservation system, they show prices way under anywhere else they can be booked for the same hotel. Eg 27th March for 3 nights on their site - 50 Euros, on Interhotel site betwen 102-127 Euros.
Something aint right is it?
Anyone got any info as it is ideally situated for my purposes, 4 km from Barajas in Canillejas bario, but am a bit nervous as my Spanish is passable but far from fluent.

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3532 - 02/05/02 04:19 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
nevado Offline

I've never stayed there but I've lived in the area and if you're in need of a hotel close to Barajas (airport) it's an option that is easily accessible. It's on the 115 bus line (the Madrid EMT line, city busses) about 10 minutes from Avenida de America and 5 minutes by bus to Canillejas metro station. There's a bus stop right in from of the hotel and it's in a residential neighborhood.

#3533 - 02/05/02 05:20 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Amonline writes:
Quote:
Anyone heard of Hotel Osuna? ... Anyone got any info as it is ideally situated for my purposes, 4 km from Barajas in Canillejas bario ...

We stayed there once. rolleyes
Actually, it's across the Autopista Barajas from Canillejas in Almeda de Osuna. I think they cater mainly to low-priced bus tours. They also have (or used to have) a Van that will take you to the airport. It claims to be a 3-star property. I think 2-star would be a 'stretch.' It gives one a feeling that it was a military cuartel or something like that. No bugs; clean sheets. For 1-night's stay it is adequate. I wouldn't make it my 'base' for a long stay in Madrid.

#3534 - 02/05/02 07:07 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Nevado,

I had to take either bus 114 or 115 to Alameda de Osuna, to get to work and back everyday last year, and unfortunately, they do not take only 10 mns. from/to Av.América. '¡Ojala!'. It used to take me around 50 mns.(plus the waiting).'¡Porque da muchas vueltas!!!', and I'm not talking rush hour, because I started working at 10hrs. It was one of the reasons why I decided to switch jobs frown

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: pim ]

#3535 - 02/05/02 08:02 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
nevado Offline

Pim, what part of the Alameda were you working in? It never takes me that long to get to Madrid (Avenida de America). The hotel is at the end of the "vueltas" (or at the beginning, however you look at it). Granted, the bus goes in circles after Canillejas (coming from Madrid) but the hotel is just after the piovera hence cutting out most of the circling. Perhaps 10 minutes was a bit conservative, but I've never spent 50 minutes on the bus (waiting is another story). eek The busses seem to always come in twos, one right after another and then a long wait for the next round.

#3536 - 02/07/02 06:28 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

pim writes:
Quote:
I had to take either bus 114 or 115 to Alameda de Osuna, to get to work and back everyday last year

One of those lines (I believe the 114) ended service to Almeda de Osuna about 2-years ago so you'll wait a long time for the next one.
Quote:
... they do not take only 10 mns. from/to Av.América. '¡Ojala!'. It used to take me around 50 mns.(plus the waiting).'
From where they cross the Autopista to Avda de Logroño probably takes 10-min. We often take the 115 from c/de la Rioja to the Plaza in Barajas pueblo - we rarely had to wait more than 15-minutes for that 10-minute ride. We would go for Churros con Chocolate at Toribio's (on the Plaza). rolleyes

#3537 - 02/07/02 07:17 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Eddie,

Sorry but BELIEVE ME, I've had to take precisely bus #114, every working-day from February 1st. 2001 until December 5th. 2001, from 'el intercambiador de Av. America' to the bus stop nearer the Hotel Tryp Diana!

Pim

#3538 - 02/07/02 09:42 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

And the #115 doesn't pass very close to the Tryp Diana . rolleyes
I am very sorry. The last thing I want to do is to give out erroneous information :o

Both the #114 and the #115 used to stop on the corner up from where we stay (with relatives) at c/de la Rioja, 25; then both would go up to Avda de Logroño and follow it to Barajas; but the #114 doesn't pass there anymore. I don't think it goes to the Plaza in Barajas pueblo any more either. According to (cousin) Carlos, it goes to the Industrial area near the airport. There's the #101 that goes from Canillejas to the airport to Barajas pueblo. I always surprise the driver when I take it from the airport (upper roadway) to Barajas pueblo - I do that when I have a couple of hour stopover. I need a couple of hours: after my chocolate con churros at Toribio's the walk from the Plaza to the Metro station is a real hike - the signs at the Plaza say 500m; you walk 200m north and they still say 500m. eek
BTW
We dined at el Pato Mudo last summer. We had two different types of Paella: vegetarian & marinera. I thought they were very good.
P.S.
The Pato Mudo (mute duck?) is a restaurant at the Tryp Diana, for those who miss the connection. rolleyes

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3539 - 02/16/02 02:43 AM Re: Hotel Osuna (Madrid)
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
We stayed at the Osuna for 2 nights last summer. It was perfectly fine, with a nice pool which you won't care about in March. The people are really nice and speak English. The buffet breakfast was good. They definitely still have their free transport to and from the airport. We met our house exchange partners (who were staying at Osuna before flying to our city) at the Osuna to meet them and pick up their car. Even though we were not staying at Osuna, the hotel van picked us up from the airport for free, and let our kids use the pool while the adults sat at the bar outside. On our way out of Spain we stayed at Osuna. The rooms are plenty big, each room has its own patio, and that free van sure is convenient. I don't know anything about public transportation into Madrid from there, because we didn't need to use any. Sounds like you're getting a great price---we paid more than that, but we are 4, and it was summer. Happy travels!

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments