Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3499 - 01/30/02 01:10 PM B&B in London (UK)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I know, I know, this is a board about Spain. I'll delete this thread in a few days. In the meantime, I would like to ask you for some help.

I have a friend who is studying at the University of Sheffield and he wants to visit London for a week with her girlfriend. Unfortunately, London is extremely expensive for a Spaniard and they are looking for a "cheap" place.

If anyone have any suggestion, please, e-mail them to me or post it here but I'll delete this thread not to mix the information about Spain with other things.

Thanks for your help.

Antonio

#3500 - 01/30/02 04:20 PM Re: B&B in London (UK)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hello Antonio

Yes, my brother (who now lives in Japan), and other family members, of all ages have stayed at this place called The Peace Haven in London. It comes highly recommended by them. Do not be put of by the name, it's nothing cranky!

Here is the information I found about it: - the same as found on their website.
Peace Haven - London

LONDON

Peace Haven
3 Creswick Road, Acton, London W3 9HE
Pam Matthews

Tel: 0208 7520055
Fax: 0208 7520066

Peace Haven, lovely Edwardian house in half acre of gardens. Close to London with easy access to Heathrow Airport. Traditional English cooking offered. Individual needs catered for. Off road parking, TV lounge, library, games room, tea/coffee and vending drinks machine. Suitable for group bookings.

Email: bookings@ifl-peacehaven.co.uk

B&B from £15-£30pp, Dinner from £6, Rooms 1 single, 14 twin, 1 double, 5 family, 6 en-suite, Restricted smoking, Children welcome, Pets by arrangement, Open all year. Map Ref 39

Let me know if I can be of any further help, but definitely check this place out.

Jo

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Antonio ]

#3501 - 01/30/02 05:26 PM Re: B&B in London (UK)
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Sorry Antonio,cant help on the London bit,but if your friend ever wants to go watch Sheffield United,Im your man!

#3502 - 01/31/02 03:21 AM Re: B&B in London (UK)
Bricamb Offline

Loc: Cambridge UK
What time of the year will they be in London? If it's during the summer or at Easter it would be worth trying for accommodation at one of the university halls of residence. Also, try posting on www.lonelyplanet.com. A lot of young people use that message board and I'm sure you'll get a lot of specific answers to your question. Also think about youth hostals, YMCA's etc. London is expensive but I am sure there are options available for young people or those on a budget.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments