Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34646 - 12/27/00 02:58 AM Electrical Appliances - Purchase in US vs. in Madrid
Joy Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
I know this is really silly, but all the travel websites I've visited recommend buying the adaptor to go with your American hairdryer, or whatever electrical appliance you take when going to Europe. What about purchasing a hairdryer when you get there?

Any opinions? Sorry for the goofy subject.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 12-27-2000).]

#34647 - 12/27/00 09:03 AM Re: Electrical Appliances - Purchase in US vs. in Madrid
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I don't think it is a goofy subject! Some hairdryers work in both AC and DC: it is the PLUG adaptor you then have to get (the European plugs are round). But those small appliances are cheap in Spain and you might just want to pick up a small portable hairdrier while there, as you suggest, and not bother with adapting this or that!

#34648 - 12/27/00 09:28 AM Re: Electrical Appliances - Purchase in US vs. in Madrid
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Joy, as said in the previous post, picking up an inexpensive hair dryer makes a lot of sense. Problem lies in if you also use an electric tootbrush, a curling ironn -i.e. multiple electric products. If it is just a hairdryer - by all means buy one when you first get to Spain. Otherwise, you can pick up an adapter for around $20 US with enough attachments to go anywhere in the world. By the way, almost all light weight hairdryers sold now are will work on either current and all you really need is actual plug gizmo.

#34649 - 12/27/00 03:14 PM Re: Electrical Appliances - Purchase in US vs. in Madrid
Joy Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
Excellent, rgf and Puna. Thank you for responding. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I only use an electric hairdryer (I can brush my teeth manually ), so we'll purchase one when we get there.

Leaving in 2 days! Can't wait. Thanks for your tips.

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 12-27-2000).]

#34650 - 12/28/00 01:11 PM Re: Electrical Appliances - Purchase in US vs. in Madrid
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Joy, Have a wonderful time and be sure to come back and tell us all about your time in Spain!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments