Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#34607 - 12/20/00 12:55 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
connie Offline

guapetona, are you sure the Spanish embassy would be the right addressee for inquiries relating to US customs?
I would recommend the US Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service of the Department of Agriculture, you can send inquirys relating to concrete products under http://www.aphis.usda.gov/travel/email.html

#34608 - 12/20/00 04:09 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
Guapetona Offline

Connie:

Thanks for the link..your right about going to the original source.The Spanish Ministry of Agriculture is equally knowledgeable, however. This is a customs issue important to both countries. I just thought that besides being able to learn about what Spanish products the US allows in MM aficionados could also check
out the site.

Felices Fiestas!
'Tona

#34609 - 12/20/00 04:13 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Or you can contact CITI (Consejo Internacional de Transportes Interestatales) at www.citi.es. They have updated information on the exact amount of Jabugo allowed to be carried in one's pocket at any given time. They also have good info on the EU restrictions on export of fava beans.

#34610 - 12/20/00 04:21 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Guapetona (bonito nombre, por cierto) gracias por la informacion, si a algo le tengo panico es que me quiten la residencia porque mi marido es Americano y no habla español, no se lo que hariamos si yo me tubiera que ir de USA

#34611 - 12/20/00 05:30 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
connie Offline

Nuria, I think the threshold of devalidating your visa will be substantially higher than for visas of people not married to Americans...After all, the US protects the rights of families. It would seem unproportionate to expel you just because of bringing in meat products, I would rather think they would impose you a fine.
I myself would never sneak in prohibited products though...The thing is that you do not only violate the law by bringing it in, but you would also have to lie in the customs form where they ask you whether you bring meat products. And the idea that your name might be on a black list in a database as rgf describes sounds pretty terrible especially if you are not a US citizen.

#34612 - 12/21/00 10:17 AM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
The rules about importation into the USA of certain food products are there for an excellent reason--to protect the health of our own crops and animal products. It seems incredibly shortsighted to me to subvert those good-sense prohibitions for the trivial experience of a transient taste sensation.

Some of those plant and animal diseases can be devastating, and once loose difficult or sometimes impossible to contain. Better to be safe than sorry.
Cantabene

[This message has been edited by cantabene (edited 12-21-2000).]

#34613 - 12/21/00 08:00 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
What the heck, it's not like the Spaniards didn't already bring over a zillion microbes to the "Americas" once in history...I'm not sure this is a case of "history repeating itself": Genocide vs. fabada and chorizo? Let down your hair a bit and enjoy the canned fabada!!!!!

#34614 - 12/21/00 09:49 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
Guapetona Offline

Nuria:

Me puse ese apodo por guasa. Mi madre dice que me rio con ver una gallina cagar. No se-es mi sentido de humor.
Tengo un amigo que lo detuvieron por entrar
chorizos, tia! No solo eso, se equivocaron y lo pusieron que entro " una substacia ilegal"
Te lo puedes creer? Pago no se cuanto en abogados y lo demas y por fin le quitaron ese
cargo.
Bueno, me parece que se pasaron con el bastante. Le hicieron la vida un infierno por un buen tiempo. Cuando seas cuidadana no tendras que preocuparte de estas cosas.

Tronca, aqui se puede hablar en Espanol?
Se enfadara el Madrid Man conmigo? Bueno, ya es muy tarde.JA JA JA!!
Escribame a mi correo electronico, Nuria.
Me encantaria saber donde queda el Zara en NJ.

Os deseo de todo corazon una Feliz Navidad!!!

'Taluego
La Tona de Triana

#34615 - 12/21/00 10:05 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Guapetona: Pues, prefiero que los "postings" se van en los foros titulados "en español" pero a veces está bien. ¡¡Mañana me voy a Peru!!!

Hasta Machu Picchu, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#34616 - 12/21/00 10:26 PM Re: Sneaking Lomo de Jamon
Guapetona Offline

MM:

Tio, que GUAY!!! Ok that will be the last you hear of me in Spanish, sorry.
I'm so used to speaking in Spanish I forget sometimes. It's more comforatble for me.
Anyway have ALOT of fun!! You're gonna love it! They say Machu Pichu is a religious experience.
Take alot of pictures and I bwish you guys a wonderful and safe trip!

'Taluego

La Tetona de Triana.
Oops I meant Guapetona..JA JA JA

PD: I fly to Columbus all the time but I've never felt the cold there like I did today!
How do you do it???

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments