Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#343 - 09/07/00 06:13 PM Transportation (and lodging)
hp Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
My husband and I along with 3 other friends are going to Spain on October 16-23, 2000. I need help with lodging and transportation there. We plan on staying in Madrid 10/16 and go to Sevilla on 10/17-10/19, then Barcelona 10/20-10/21 and perhaps going to see the Salvador Dali Museum (although I'm sure these dates might change), but the locations will pretty much remain the same. Any suggestions on the best way to travel via train/bus/plane and what type of "hotels" we can find at reasonable rates in each city. The thought of staying in a hostel isn't really for me

#344 - 09/07/00 10:26 PM Re: Transportation (and lodging)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Read through these posts and you'll see that Madrid Barcelona is best done by plane (purchasing the ticket from the Iberia SPAIN website = cheapest, says Antonio), and Madrid-Sevilla, by AVE fast train. With 5 people total, maybe you want to try an apartment situation in Madrid or Barcelona? The ones I know in Madrid would be fine for those who need one bedroom and one living room/pull out couch, but probably there are some 2 bedroom ones. Otherwise, madrid has zzillions of moderate hotels. This board likes the Liabeny and the Carlos V (the latter, run by Best Western). Also the Conde Duque (residential area).

#345 - 09/08/00 09:26 AM Re: Transportation (and lodging)
hp Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Thank you so much rgf, I'm sure this will help me out alot. Thanks again, hp

#346 - 09/09/00 10:37 AM Re: Transportation (and lodging)
mary Offline

Loc: California USA
I stayed at the Hotel Fernando II in Seville. I was very pleased with it. Its in the Santa Cruz district and walking distance to most sites. I highly recommend it.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MsWebWyz, November
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1259 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments