Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34589 - 12/08/00 11:26 PM Christmas Eve Dinner - What to wear?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Help! We have just been invited to have the Noche Buena dinner with a Spanish family on Christmas eve. What would be appropriate for us (two casual Americans in their 20's) to wear to this occasion? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#34590 - 12/09/00 05:35 AM Re: Christmas Eve Dinner - What to wear?
nevado Offline

I would think trousers (Dockers), a button down shirt, and a sweater would be fine for a man and for a woman a skirt and sweater, slacks and blouse/shirt/sweater or a dress (not too fancy) would suffice. Think "church clothes" or something similar. Do you know these people? When in doubt, wear solids and subdued colors. I'm sure you'll be fine!

#34591 - 12/09/00 08:29 AM Re: Christmas Eve Dinner - What to wear?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Nevado has the LOOK down for men!! For women, I'd agree but add that the pants/blouse etc should be stylish as opposed to American casual. Think what you would wear to go out to dinner (but no high heels or 'cocktail' dresses)

#34592 - 12/12/00 12:28 PM Re: Christmas Eve Dinner - What to wear?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
rgf,
why not high hills or cocktel dresses?
Besos...Nuria

#34593 - 12/12/00 08:33 PM Re: Christmas Eve Dinner - What to wear?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
SOMETHING WITH AN ELASTIC WAIST!!! Pardon the shouting, but be prepared to EAT and then when you're done, to EAT SOME MORE!

I love Nochebuena dinner in Spain. I had to have my femur hollowed out so I could fit all of the good stuff in there...paella, turrón, mariscos, cordero, turrón, mazapán, mmmmm..... Got room for another guest???

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments