Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34545 - 11/08/00 09:23 PM Dress Codes
Ed S Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA, USA
What generally is considered appropriate dress for the majority of Madrid's restaurants? I don't plan on eating at the most elegant places, but I understand the dress may be a little less casual than the typical American restaurants where jeans are OK. Are jeans Ok for a typical tapas crawl with a possible sit down dinner at one of the places? Thanks for helping with my packing decisions!

#34546 - 11/09/00 12:04 PM Re: Dress Codes
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Nice jeans are okay, just wear leather shoes instead of tennis shoes. If you really want to blend in, take a grey or navy wool sweater too.

You might want to do a search for clothing. I remember there being a big discussion about appropriate clothing in Spain. I think it was listed under something like "Individualism not allowed?"

#34547 - 11/10/00 04:15 PM Re: Dress Codes
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Depending on your suitcase space, and the time of year, a light blazer, or a wool-blend blazer is always okay...you can sport it with jeans or khakis and even with a t-shirt underneath, you look euro...as long as you obey the prior post and wear leather shoes instead of athletic shoes. If you try to match a blazer with zapatillas...shame on you.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments