Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3448 - 01/19/02 04:22 PM Hostels in San Sebastian-Bilbao
Jessica Offline

Can anybody recommend a moderately priced hostal or pension in San Sebastian and also in Bilbao? We're planning a trip in late February

#3449 - 02/06/02 05:21 PM Re: Hostels in San Sebastian-Bilbao
Lizziee Offline

Loc: Scotland
Don't know if this is any help, but we're going to Bilbao in March and have booked in at the Arriaga. Was recommended in Rough Guide and is 66 euros a night. It's impossible to find any websites on Bilbao hostals!

#3450 - 02/06/02 07:31 PM Re: Hostels in San Sebastian-Bilbao
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Group: I just did a quick www.Google.com search and only found the following for Bilbao: Hostal Central @ www.hostalcentral.com

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3451 - 02/06/02 10:41 PM Re: Hostels in San Sebastian-Bilbao
sabalagirl Offline

Loc: Utah
MM if you give us an web site like Hostel Central in Bilbao and you can't click for English, can I assume that an English site is not available? In and around Bilbao there
are a large number of farm houses where the rates are relatively low and the accomodations are great,especially if you like kitchen privileges. http://english.toprural.com/ is a great site. Select Viscaya and you will get the rural houses near Bilbao. We have stayed in two of these places. Once we took the whole house with 13 people and the other time we stayed at a rural aparthotel and both were great. Staying slightly out of Bilbao really gives you a flavor for the people that you don't get in the big cities. MM note this site is available in English!!

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: sabalagirl ]

#3452 - 02/07/02 05:24 AM Re: Hostels in San Sebastian-Bilbao
nevado Offline

Years ago I stayed at Pension La Perla in San Sebastian. It was very clean and had a full bath in the room. It is located in front of the cathedral, within walking distance of the beaches (not that you'll be enjoying the lovely beaches in Feb)! smile

#3453 - 02/07/02 05:42 AM Re: Hostels in San Sebastian-Bilbao
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sabalagirl, yes, it seems the site I listed above does not have an English version. Sorry!
I'm sure it won't be long before places like Bilbao AND San Sebastian and others will get themselves on the Internet - if not, they'll be left behind.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3454 - 02/07/02 10:40 AM Re: Hostels in San Sebastian-Bilbao
hombre_gizon Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello sabalagirl.

I don't know about hostels in San Sebastián. frown

I just want to say you two things. The first one that you must know is that in the Basque Country "San Sebastián" is called "Donostia". So, if you see any market or something as "Donostia" it's the same as "San Sebastián".

The second thing is a little old bar. It's name is "Juantxo" and it's in the inner city (parte vieja). There you'll find the best "bocadillos de tortilla de patatas" of the world (almost in my opinion). If one day you just want to dinner a bocadillo and a beer you should drop by this bar. The squiz bocadillos are also very good.
This bar is located between Embeltra an Esterlines streets. It has an entry in each street. Those streets are parallel to the Boulevard. If you are in the boulevard near the city hall and come into the parte vieja, the first street on your right is Embeltra street.

Good luck!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments