MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#34062 - 11/12/08 05:30 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ohhhh Chris thanks for the info !! .. MM - Alfredos is supposed to be great! Maybe that IS a good opportunity ( ? )

Steve

#34063 - 11/13/08 07:51 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
jajajaa no foodie in thanksg day;;; well you need to be organise and make one yourselves. where i am they do at Joe Allen restos every year,nice and yummy ,,,uhh
you need to find an American owned and managed restaurant otherwise it will be hard to find there.

#34064 - 11/14/08 12:44 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Today I visited Café Panini and O'Neills to ask about their Thanksgiving Day turkey feast.

Café Panini
I visited at about 1pm today. They told me that while they're serving Thankgiving Turkey meal all day long, they are only doing so in "shifts" and that reservations are required. As of the time I visited, they ONLY had space available for the 5:30pm shift and ONE SPACE LEFT for the 10pm shift. The 8:30pm shift and all earlier afternoon shifts were already full. The problem is at 5:30pm most all (or all) of my Spanish friends whom would accompany me are still working - and 10pm is too late for most all of them too. They have a tiny dining room with only about 6 tables so this, I suppose, is the reason why they're filling up quickly.

O'Neills Irish Pub
I'm waiting on a call-back from the owner but from the information I got today when I visited at 1:30pm, their downstairs dining area - where they're serving the turkey lunch - is already full with ONE GROUP OF SEVENTY PERSONS!!! eek Maybe this is the U.S. Embassy Group????? They said THEY MIGHT be able to fit 8 more persons, our group, into the existing group but it's not certain. Also, it seems they're only serving the turkey meal at some given time - which they didn't know. Hopefully the owner will call me back but I'm not very optimistic. People don't usually call you back if the answer is "NO", only if the answer is "YES". rolleyes

So it looks like we're stuck. OR will have to bite-the-bullet and go for the VERY expensive La Gamella Thanksgiving menu at €37.50 - and I don't even know (yet) if they have space available. But I think that's too expensive.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#34065 - 11/17/08 04:52 AM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ChrisR wrote:
Quote:
There was also a post for the Bluefish Cafe-Bar doing a Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings and gave an address in Malasana and phone numbers for reservations. Don't know whether it is still in existence, and if so, if they plan to do it again.
Yeah, they're closed according to this website . I'll try calling Alfredo\'s Barbacoa and let you know.

My Spanish friends are getting anxious with the news that every place I've tried is full and that they won't get their American Style Thanksgiving meal. The pressure's on!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#34066 - 11/17/08 09:51 AM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
MM - I am thinking you just may have to cook for your friends.. :-)

#34067 - 11/17/08 01:43 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
Quevedo Offline

Loc: New York City
have you tried Foster's Hoolywood, MadridMan?? In 1979 rolleyes we had our Thanskgiving meal there ( NYU in Spain group) and it was fine. It might be worth asking. Although we will be in Madrid next week for Thanksgiving, we are planning to have a Spanish meal...how could we not enjoy the things we yearn for when we are in NY...pimientos de padrón ( if we can find them in November!!) cochinillo, patatas bravas, croquetas, JAMON, etc. Oh my, it is going to be good!
I hope you find your meal though.

MadridMan,Any chance of getting together for a drink or some tapas or lunch? We arrive on Friday and we will be there til the following Sunday.

#34068 - 11/17/08 01:50 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

CascadaDuSel, BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!! :p

Quevedo, I haven't tried Foster's Hollywood yet but I suppose I should. They're a Spanish chain, don'tchaknow, and I'd doubt they'd offer turkey dinner on Thanksgiving day. They might, like another place, offer RIBS though - which just doesn't seem right.

Quevedo, there IS a chance of getting together for a lunch but I can't make any promises. Maybe on Monday or Tuesday we could do it. Let me know. Send me a private message if you like.

Saludos, MadridMan

#34069 - 11/17/08 03:16 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Oops! I didn't sign in last time and my husband (aka Quevedo) had been on before...but it still goes... I will get in touch and see if you can make it for lunch. I hope so, and I hope steverobinson can make it too..

#34070 - 11/17/08 04:57 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ChrisR, just called Alfredo's Barbacoa and they no longer celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Bummer, man! Now what're we going to do? Bite the 37€/person La Gamella bullet? ARGH! rolleyes And I don't even know (yet) if they have space available!

Just called J&J Books and Coffee (an American/English-language bookstore in Madrid) and they suggested trying some of the Irish Pubs in Madrid - so I told they the one which was posted, O'Neills, is already booked. Otherwise, they weren't aware of anyplace. Hmph.

... but it's not looking good. 10-days and counting!

Saludos, MadridMan

#34071 - 11/17/08 05:11 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I'd be happy to help you cook a turkey MM .. And we could even use my apartment .. depends on how many people .

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments