Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#336 - 09/14/00 05:09 PM Re: Just back from hostal Lopez (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
dc, only Florencio (the son of the Hostal Lopez family reads this message board. I have my reservations already for one of the weekend nights and I too will return to this thread and tell you my feedback just as dc has. Thanks for sharing, dc!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#337 - 09/14/00 11:29 PM Re: Just back from hostal Lopez (Madrid)
uphilldeb Offline

Loc: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Thanks gang!

I appreciate your replies. Looks like I'll be staying at the Lopez anyway...the Martin is filled up!

Nuria? Wow! There's two of you! I've been corrosponding with the Hostal Lopez with Nuria. I think she speaks great English.

Rgf, hola! I can understand you thinking I'm crazy to have such suit cases. Normally I'd agree. It's just that I'd feel really awkward without the "required" evening gowns on this particular ship.

Generally, I'm a pro at the art of "lightweight". I managed a 26 day remote backpacking trip through the Sierra Nevada Mountains (Calif) with only 1 pair of shorts, 3 shirts, 2 underwear, 4 pair of socks, a pair of hiking boots and water shoes, and a coolweather jacket. Believe me, if I could get away with that on this fancy cruise, I WOULD! LOL

Adios!
Uphilldeb

#338 - 09/16/00 01:00 AM Re: Just back from hostal Lopez (Madrid)
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
I don't mind sharing my experiences but I do mind that I spelt realise wrong.I must be getting to rely on the spell checker too much..

#339 - 09/20/00 01:25 PM Re: Just back from hostal Lopez (Madrid)
j_rodz1 Offline

Loc: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hi!

I'm planning to stay at Hostal Lopez in February but I've heard that they do not have a safety box. Is that a problem?

Also, what's going on in February? Are we going to find the party atmosphere?

#340 - 09/20/00 04:06 PM Re: Just back from hostal Lopez (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
uphilldeb - with that kind of packing /survival ability you should give lessons! I always thought I was doing well with one small suitcase plus a carry-on. Ever consider teaching a class in how to REALLY pack light? Have a wonderful trip-
MadridMan - I tried to put the winking smile here - no luck -what am I doing wrong ....

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 09-20-2000).]

#341 - 09/26/00 08:30 AM Re: Just back from hostal Lopez (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
j_rodz1, I don't think most hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish) in Spain have lock boxes although I remember seeing a Rick Steves program recently where the pension in which they stayed in Italy did have a lock box in-room. I wouldn't think this would be a problem, but hopefully you aren't bringing along The Hope Diamond either.

(<--Puna, notice winking smiley. it's a colon ";" and then the right parenthesis. )

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 09-26-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#342 - 09/28/00 07:38 AM Re: Just back from hostal Lopez (Madrid)
fnavarro Offline

Loc: Madrid
I do not know of any Hostal with a safe box in Madrid.

I can tell you that there is a Police Station 1 block away from Hostel Lopez, and that in more than 20 years nothing has gone missing in any room.

Best regards

Florencio

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 219 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments