Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33886 - 05/06/08 03:05 PM Madrid: Suma Flamenca 2008 Flamenco Festival
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Want to accompany flamenco concerts with MadridMan? (see below)

It's that time again for the Suma Flamenca 2008 monthlong flamenco festival in the Comunidad de Madrid.

I plan to attend about 15 of the flamenco concerts from 17 May to 15 June including the BIG opening of Estrella Morente on 22 May. Wow, I can't wait for that.

While I have my "regulars" to go with me to many of these concerts, there are ALWAYS times when these "regulars" cannot go because many times the concerts are late on weeknights. The thing is, I can't say whether or not I'll have a (free!) ticket available, probably, until THE DAY of the concert. You know, people say they'll go and then at the last minute they're tired, had a hard day at work, or "something suddenly came up" (a famous "Greg Brady" phrase).

What I'd like to do is compile a list of "availables" either here in this thread or via Private Message or email. So put yourself in contact with me if you'd like to go to a flamenco concert with MadridMan at the drop of a hat - if you're so flexible.

So you know, the vast majority of performances are flamenco singing (and guitar playing) concerts and not flamenco dancing. Those I've chose are only in the city of Madrid, sometimes in the Albeniz Theater or in the Circulo de Bellas artes, among others.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33887 - 06/01/08 07:05 PM Re: Madrid: Suma Flamenca 2008 Flamenco Festival
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

There's a midnight flamenco concert on Thursday, June 5th if anyone would like to go with me. María Toledo is singing at a place very near the Plaza de Chueca. I've seen her perform 2 or 3 times already and is always a good singing performance.

All of my "regulars" have understandably "bowed-out" on the mid-week, late night show so I may have to go alone. Let me know here or via email if you'd like to go see Flamenco With MadridMan!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33888 - 06/02/08 02:52 PM Re: Madrid: Suma Flamenca 2008 Flamenco Festival
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
If I catch a very long "red eye" from here, can I go? :jump:
Just kidding, I wish I could be in Madrid to attend this festival!

We'll just have to get together in late July/early August for a night out a one of the flamenco places you know about!

Have a great time!
laduque : wave

#33889 - 06/02/08 02:58 PM Re: Madrid: Suma Flamenca 2008 Flamenco Festival
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

laduque, YOU BET! If you're here, you're invited to to accompany me for free - the same as anyone who might go with me to these Suma Flamenca concerts. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

#33890 - 06/10/08 10:10 AM Re: Madrid: Suma Flamenca 2008 Flamenco Festival
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I found someone to attend last week's midnight GREAT concert with María Toledo but I have "a free space" this coming Wednesday (tomorrow!) night at midnight for a flamenco concert. Anyone want to go with me? The concert features Fernando de la Morena in Madrid's Sala Clamores.

Saludos, MadridMan

#33891 - 06/10/08 04:40 PM Re: Madrid: Suma Flamenca 2008 Flamenco Festival
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi MM!

Don't you have any tickets for a friday or saturday?
I'd love to attend but I awake at 6:30am on weekdays to work.
Anyway we could meet for a movie or beers, it's been a long time since we met.

Have fun.

#33892 - 06/11/08 12:35 PM Re: Madrid: Suma Flamenca 2008 Flamenco Festival
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

UPDATE: Tonight's concert starts at 11pm, not midnight as previously stated. There were/are conflicting times on various websites but the final, actual starting time is 11pm. (I think)

Valenciano_en_Madrid, I DO have tickets for the upcoming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday concerts but "my regulars" are going with me to those. Sorry!

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments