Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3382 - 01/11/02 03:57 PM hostal barbieri (Madrid): cheap, clean, fun
abby Offline

I just stayed in Madrid at Hostal Barbieri on Calle Barbieri 15 very near Chuecas metro stop. It was great. Itīs only 13€ each night, has a kitchen where you can cook (itīs not well equipped as far as utensils, but you can save a lot) and itīs really social. I made a lot of friends and the people who work there are great. Antonio owns it and he makes sure the place is respectable. its also close to Gran Via and the paseo del prado. within close walking distance to the metro and Bellas Artes...
Seriously a great place to hang out...
if you search on the net, you can find it...

Antonio speaks English, as well.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3383 - 03/12/02 11:40 PM Re: hostal barbieri (Madrid): cheap, clean, fun
Marvilyn Offline

Loc: California
Hey Abby! I did a search for Barbieri and found this review.It's great to hear from someone who's tried out this hostal. Is this a dorm type place? What are the sleeping quarters like? Do they have separate sex sleeping areas? Did you feel safe? I hope you find this posting. I'll be in Madrid sola a few days and am looking for a cheap but safe place to stay where I can meet friendly fellow travelers!

Salud, Dinero, y Amor!

#3384 - 03/13/02 01:48 PM Re: hostal barbieri (Madrid): cheap, clean, fun
eli Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
Does this hostal have private rooms? I was planning to stay at the Hostal Villar, on Calle Principe, I've stayed there before, it's clean and reasonably cheap, 17 euros a night for a single room, sharing a bathroom with the rest of the floor. I might be there for a while, so I'd love to have a kitchen. I assume it's shared?

#3385 - 03/14/02 06:07 AM Re: hostal barbieri (Madrid): cheap, clean, fun
nao Offline

I found some info on Barbieri Hostel on www.europeanhostels.com . The rooms are "4 bed mixed dorms". The hostel's website seems to have gone offline, so if anyone finds a new web address for them please let me know! I booked a couple of nights at this hostel for April, and the owner replied quickly to my emails and questions. I'll let you know what it's like after I stay there, but if anyone has stayed there, please tell us what it's like.

nao

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments