Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#33847 - 04/21/08 11:43 PM Madrid: Live Music
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Yesterday's (20 April 2008) New York Times featured an article in its Travel section entitled " From Jazz to Fusion, Late and Live in Madrid ." The article mentioned a variety of establishments where you can listen to live music. Some venues include: Cafe Central , Populart , La Boca del Lobo , Costello Club , El Sol , Cafe Berlin , Casa Patas , and Moby Dick .

#33848 - 04/22/08 06:52 AM Re: Madrid: Live Music
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well I can definitely recommend Populart ! Great live fusion bands combining jazz and blues with flamenco or African rhythms or South American sounds . I've been a few times and it's great . It's small and drinks are predictably expensive . Get there before the act starts or you will NOT get a seat and will have to make do standing at the bar .
Populart is also in the "barrio de las Letras " full of places to eat , drink and be merry ! Some great Flamenco bars there too including " Cardamomo " which has live gypsy flamenco jam sessions on some nights ( I love the place ) ..Steve

#33849 - 04/22/08 12:15 PM Re: Madrid: Live Music
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Thanks for the link to the article, la historiana. I, too can recommend Populart, been around a long time. Also Casa Patas, though expensive, it is worth it, now I can't wait to try their smaller venue across the street, as mentioned in the article.
These clubs are right up my alley as to new venues to experience whilst in Madrid in the summer.
Anyone care to join me? Say, late July?

#33850 - 04/22/08 05:48 PM Re: Madrid: Live Music
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Populart is my fauvorite, with any doubt the best atmosphere for jazz, blues, fusion in Madrid. That club is a classic.
There are others places wich are nicer, bigger or wich present more important names and bands but at Populart people really have great fun, me either.
Thanks Historiadora.

#33851 - 04/23/08 05:24 AM Re: Madrid: Live Music
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Looks like we have a lot of fans of Populart !! Maybe we should organise an evening out there! Steve

#33852 - 04/23/08 02:56 PM Re: Madrid: Live Music
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I'm in! Late July/all of August!
STeve, will you be around at that time to partake in the festivities?

Also, MM promised we'd plan a get together with MM at that time too!

Please don't leave me all alone in Madrid in the dead heat of August with nothing to do!!! help

#33853 - 04/23/08 03:04 PM Re: Madrid: Live Music
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Amazingly, I have not been to any of these places, but Populart certainly seems to be a good place to try. I may be in Madrid at the end of July, too, so an MM board gathering would be a lot of fun (even if it's not a night time outing but a lunch time comida!)

#33854 - 04/24/08 03:38 AM Re: Madrid: Live Music
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I'm not a big jazz fan, I'd go along to Populart in late July when everyone's here. My only concern is that it's HOT and the inside of Populart might be even hotter. Hot conditions and MadridMan don't go together very well.

But regardless, PLAN on a late July gathering so we can join BOTH laduque AND la historiadora - and I'll be there too for sure! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33855 - 04/24/08 04:50 AM Re: Madrid: Live Music
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Yeah !!! Sounds good ...

#33856 - 04/24/08 04:44 PM Re: Madrid: Live Music
David_H Offline

Loc: UK
I will be in Madrid late July and early August and will certainly be visiting Cafe Central.I go often-good music.Food and drink are ok too.There is usually a cover charge but only 10 -12 euros I think.I will be there next month too,hoping to see the lovely Yoyo Cuesta if the Larry Martin Band makes one of its regular apearances.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments