Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3375 - 01/09/02 07:56 PM Good hotels:Madrid, BCN, Sevilla, Granada
Chica369 Offline

Loc: York, PA
We just had some great hotel stays I'd like to tell you all about. Hotel Santo Domingo in Madrid is a 10! We and our friends had 2 beautiful rooms on the 5th floor (a must) with views of the Palacio Real. Then, on to Sevilla -- Casas de la Juderia -- old mansions joined by beautiful courtyards. Then, in Granada the Palacio Santa Ines -- also real old mansion beautifully and artistically restored. All the hotels had great breakfasts. Meson Castilla in Barcelona was mediocre and I'll be glad to elaborate if anyone is interested. Sorry to miss your party, MM, but we were down south.

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3376 - 02/09/02 01:46 AM Re: Good hotels:Madrid, BCN, Sevilla, Granada
CherylC Offline

Loc: California, USA
Where was the Palacio Santa Ines in Granada located? Were there good restaurants & nightlive nearby? Also, where was the Hotel Santa Domingo in Madrid located?

Thanks for you help!

CherylC

#3377 - 02/09/02 09:53 AM Re: Good hotels:Madrid, BCN, Sevilla, Granada
Chica369 Offline

Loc: York, PA
I did all my research and contacts with Palacio Santa Ines by fax and e-mail I think. Do a search for their website, or look in any Frommer's or Fodor's guidebook. It's not really on a street, but up a short flight steps that constitute a kind of alley. It's a great location, and our room faced the Alhambra! We ate in nearby restaurants and were too pooped to check out nightlife. Sorry!

Hotel Santo Domingo also has a website. The hotel is off the Gran Via on Cuesta Santo Domingo, very near Corte Ingles and an easy walk downhill to Plaza Mayor. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I threw away my guidebooks to save weight and space flying home!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments