Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33711 - 10/14/07 04:56 PM nightlife Madrid
lori Offline

Loc: NY
I'm going to be alone in Madrid and would like to go out at night but I dont want to feel out of place or uncomfortable, I'm in my early 40's.
I love to dance but don't know if I have the energy to go clubbing until dawn. I'm probably more likely to be home by midnight...sad I know...
Can anyone recommend a few places near Plaza Mayor with good music that aren't too touristy?

#33712 - 10/14/07 05:26 PM Re: nightlife Madrid
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hello Lori!

Please, could you tell us something more about you? It is just to give you better advice. What kind of music do you prefer? What are your preferences? What are your expectations when going out at night? Are you male or female?

In any case I asure you that you won't be back home before midnight because then is when nightlife starts in Spain.

#33713 - 10/16/07 11:31 AM Re: nightlife Madrid
lori Offline

Loc: NY
female, early 40's will be wandering and seeing the sites during the day would like to do the tapas thing in the evening- also like live music, am pretty open minded I love people that are kind of "quirky".
although I'd really like to experience the late night dance clubs I'm pretty sure I won't make it that late...
I'd like to go places that welcome strangers...I don't want to feel awkward being a single older woman alone...Hate to look like I'm on the prowl or something, kust want to have fun.

#33714 - 10/16/07 01:46 PM Re: nightlife Madrid
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
lori,
Strangers are welcome everywhere, so don't worry for that. smile
Older woman? You are not old, really. Here you'll find people of all ages at night clubs.
Alone? Well, lots of men cool will approach you. Please, don't laugh on their English.
But, believe me you'll go home much later than midnight, never underestimate Madrid night life. You'll have great fun for sure. :jump:

Near the Plaza Mayor there are hundreds of bars (we call them pubs or bares de copas) wich are usually crowded every night. I cannot recommend any particular one. Just go from bar to bar until you find the one you like. eek
There are some night clubs (discotecas or discos in Spanish), in Calle Arenal you have "Joy Eslava" and "Palacio de Gaviria". thumbsup
Here you have a list with night clubs:

Lanetro,a leisure time web page

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments