Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3345 - 01/08/02 09:37 AM Madrid Review: Hostal Rivera and Los Alpes
the_cure Offline

Just returned back from my trip from Madrid. I stayed my first week at Hostal Rivera . First the good things: It was pretty cheap, and very clean, and in a good location, close to atocha and a great market across the street. It had a T.V. and plenty of hot water. And it did not smell like smoke. Bad things: It was freezeing the entire time! Really cold, We had to put four blankets on our bed to keep warm. The people who run it are not very on top of things. If you made a reservation, I would consider it worthless. Also you need to speak really good spanish, or you will run into problems. Luckly I do speak good spanish since I lived in Madrid for two years. Would I go back? Yes, but I would try other places first.
Los Alpes: Cheap, Clean, and that is about it. I do like it better than Rivera, because of the price and it was warm. It is on crazy street, but that is what I like. But you do have to climb a lot of stairs. It is run by some Sud Americanos, And they seem to mind there own business. I did throw a party in my room and watched the Real Madrid Game, and no one said anything. If you have some questions write me and I will try to answer them. :p

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3346 - 01/08/02 11:52 AM Re: Madrid Review: Hostal Rivera and Los Alpes
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi the-cure! Thanks SO much for your review of Hostal Rivera and Hostal Los Alpes.

Seems to me someone else recently wrote a similear review about Hostal Rivera: that is was FREEZING. Brrr... This is a common thing among hostels in Spain. Many of them turn down/off the heat in the early evening and turn it back on in the morning in order to save heat/energy.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments