MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3340 - 01/25/02 01:54 PM Re: Hotel Europa (Madrid) Euro Prices
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey! Now that the SEARCH feature works again, I did a SEARCH on Hotel Europa in Madrid (using EUROPA as my keyword) and found the following, previous threads on the topic which have personal experiences:
" Hotel Europa (Madrid) " & " Hotels in Madrid-Hotel Europa? ", but I think there are others too -- I didn't dig deeply into the other SEVERAL threads at least mentioning the Hotel Europa.

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3341 - 01/25/02 04:01 PM Re: Hotel Europa (Madrid) Euro Prices
sdp Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Ahhh, such kind words...

I actually wouldn't be too concerned about safety issues. I don't mean to diminish your concerns, just speaking from experience I never felt unsafe. I'm a 24 year-old female who almost always travels to Europe on her own...I guess I don't scare easily. It would be a different matter altogether if you had to walk down a dark alley to get to the entrance, but Hotel Europa is located in a VERY high traffic area.

Of course, a high traffic area means lots of noise as well...that could be a problem for you. I think that could be resolved by asking for an interior room...but then you don't get the cool balcony.

In addition to being pseudo-fearless, I'm a heavy sleeper, so Hotel Europa was great for me. Good luck!

#3342 - 01/26/02 10:41 AM Re: Hotel Europa (Madrid) Euro Prices
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Dargus, in another thread (or 2 or 3) someone mentioned bringing throw-away earplugs with you. Solves all sorts of noise related problems and lets you rent a room with a view! BTW, If you decide to stay at Europa - early mornings when the streets are deserted you can grab a couple of great pics of the street cleaners and set-up staff at work from your lanai. Almost a surreal feeling with early morning sky coloring, etc. - well worth struggling out of bed.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Puna ]

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Puna ]

#3343 - 01/26/02 08:39 PM Re: Hotel Europa (Madrid) Euro Prices
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
I agree totally with the issue of packing earplugs. I always travel with earplugs and have had to use them in a couple of the apartments I have lived in here at home (where it is now approaching -30C...please feel sorry for me). Is Seville as bad as Madrid regarding the all night noise issue? I hope to stay in the Barrio Santa Cruz vicinity, perhaps the Hostal Arias which appears to be in a quieter spot near the Alcazar.

Also, I again met with my travel agent today who now can get me a flight on Air Canada from Edmonton-Toronto-Madrid in the first week of May for only Cdn$900 with taxes (about USD$560 - an excellent price if you know where Edmonton is). This is 100% non-refundable/no change of return date as most sales are. I think I will be buying this ticekt next week.

Thanks again!

Dargus

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3344 - 02/07/02 08:47 PM Re: Hotel Europa (Madrid) Euro Prices
Dorun Offline

We stayed at Hotel Europa in October 2001 also. Being a family of 4 I booked an internal room looking towards covered courtyard as I had also heard street was noisy. I wish I had booked a street facing room as the street is a pedestrian mall - no traffic. I don't think there's any escaping the noise of thoughtless, loud tourists in the hallway late at night (We had an early flight next morning and didn't appreciate it). The restaurant next door is a great place for just sitting and people watching. Waiters were wonderful. People at front desk of hotel were very helpful. Excellent location. We didn't feel unsafe at all. No need to book a taxi to airport either. Just walk out to the plaza and there they are lined up waiting.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments