Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3302 - 01/04/02 10:25 AM Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Jes and I are hoping to get to Cordoba this summer and are investigating places to stay. (This will be a child-free holiday - yippee!)

Thanks to Puna for her information regarding Hostal/Hotel Maestre in Cordoba.

Unfortunately I can't get through to the Maestre although will keep trying. If we don't have any luck with their on-line form, we will have to pluck up courage and ring.

The other place we could be interested in in Hostal Lineros Hostal Lineros, Cordoba , but it doesn't seem to be listed in the Spanish Tourist board's lists and I know that Antonio won't let us stay in unregistered places rolleyes, and I know where he is coming from, but I wondered whether anyone had any information regarding this place and whether it is actually registered? It does look interesting.

Thanks.

Jo

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3303 - 01/15/02 12:36 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Jo-Anne, were you ever able to reach Hostal Maestre via email? I ask because I have sent the booking information through the website and have not heard back. Was wondering if perhaps I should go ahead and call.

Thanks.
jmc

#3304 - 01/15/02 01:15 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

jmcarr

I have now sent the on-line booking form twice and not had a response either time. The form seems to go OK, and I get a message up to say that I will hear from them soon - but nothing. frown frown

Please let me know how you get on, because I too need to get this sorted.

Thanks.

Jo

#3305 - 01/16/02 10:22 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I received a reply via email this morning. You might get a faster response if you t email your question directly to hotelmaestre@hotelmaestre.com.

#3306 - 01/16/02 11:48 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
ome Offline

Loc: seville, spain
Check out www.hotelconencantolola.com

Hotel Lola in Cordoba, looks gorgeous, I heard good comments in other forums.

#3307 - 01/24/02 05:28 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Just an update.

Whilst the board was down, I heard via e-mail from both jmcarr and Olga.

The former said she had a response from Hotel Maestre in about a week. I still haven't heard anything and it's now over three weeks since I started trying. I have sent them the booking form from their web site twice and have now tried e-mailing directly with their address (jmcarr passed it on to me), but I have still heard nothing.

If I persuade my husband to ring them up (eek eek eek scary first attempt at Spanish telephone call), what can we expect in the way of a guarantee of a reservation? I like reserving via e-mail as I get a hard copy of their response to take with me, and obviously this wont happen with a phone call.

Olga very kindly did some research on Hostal Lineros, and has reassured me that it seems to be OK. So this will have to be second choice.

But we want to stay at Hotel Maestre really!!

Jo

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3308 - 01/25/02 09:26 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Jo-anne, Try faxing them - that usually works. Once you have a fax back quoting price and availability it is absolutely necessary to fax back your confirmation (throughout Spain and possibly the US as well). I think I sent you the fax number - if not, let me know and I'll find it and email to you. Yhe fax from them and your confirming fax serve as a written guarantee as date and time are on the top - if your fax gives a confirmation received of your final "yes we will be there" - save that as well just in case. Let me know ... smile

#3309 - 01/25/02 10:15 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Puna

Thanks - yes you did indeed give me the fax no. I had forgotton about that. I have a neighbour who has a fax machine so will ask her next week if I can use it if I haven't heard anything.

I must admit that using a fax had not occurred to me as I was sure I would get through via e-mail. And at least we don't have to think on our feet on the telephone if reception find our Spanish rubbish!

Nice one Puna!

Jo

#3310 - 02/01/02 02:06 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Still no reply from Maestre's on-line form, e-mail, or fax. How odd.

jmcarr is visiting Hotel Maestre next week and may try to ask them to e-mail me. If not, looks like that scary phonecall is in order! eek eek

Wonder why I'm so hooked on the idea at staying at the Maestre when there are so many other places to stay? Maybe it's the challenge?

Jo

#3311 - 02/02/02 11:13 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
It'll be interesting to find out what has happened to your communications attempts - no longer can we blame it on "lost in ether world" as your fax didn't generate a response either. Hope jmcarr has a super time - and is able to get you squared away with a comfirmed roof over your head!

Puna (who is hoping and praying Maestra is as nice as it used to be!) wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments