Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3312 - 02/08/02 11:37 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Reporting from Cordoba:

While staying at Hostal Maestre, I gave the fellow at the front desk (his name escapes me at the moment) a copy of your email with email address. He said that he thought the days were okay, but would check and then email you. He´s the only person that I saw manning the desk, and the phone seemed to ring constantly. Gave directions, ordered taxis, recommended tabernas, etc. Very popular hotel/hostal.

I was pleased with the room (a double with bath), especially after a disappointing overnight stay at Hostal Plaza d´Ort in Madrid.

If Maestre is full, you might want to check out Hotel Albucasis or Hostal Los Milagros: I stopped in both to look at their patios and ending up taking a peak at the rooms as well. Very nice, and a bit closer to the Mezquita.

Jennifer

#3313 - 02/09/02 09:15 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Ground control to JM Carr in Cordoba!

Thank you for your help in passing on the info to Hotel Maestre. Not heard anything yet, but I will give it a few more days.

Isn't it brilliant that someone from Baltimore can help someone in Holmfirth, UK, to find a room in Spain whilst on their travels? I love it.

I will certainly look into the other two places you mentioned, they sound good. Perhaps they could be better?

Hope the rest of your trip goes well, and look forward to hearing more on your return.

Many thanks.

Jo

#3314 - 02/09/02 11:15 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Jennifer -

Am really glad to hear your positive feed-back on Maestra as I have been touting them as a super hostal & hotel in Cordoba! laugh

Are you in the hotel or hostal side? As I stayed in the hostal a couple of years ago - would love to hear feedback on current status of hotel and/or hostal.

#3315 - 02/13/02 10:34 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
jmcarr Offline

When I made my reservation, I requested the hostal, based on price. The room I was given, however, was the bedroom to the left just inside the front door of the hotel. Nice double, with full bath, TV (which of course, I never actually had the time to turn on :p ) and telephone. Extremely reasonably priced at 21 euros per night. The patio was lovely, and the weather was warm enough to sit out in the early evening. I'd be willing to stay there again, although I would like to try Hostal Milagros or Hotel Albucasis as well.

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: jmcarr ]

#3316 - 02/13/02 01:23 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Hello Jennifer

Sounds like it worked out well for you.

I STILL haven't heard anything from Hotel Maestre . Do you think it would be worth my while persevering and sending another fax? rolleyes Or do you think they are fed up of me pestering them?

I have also faxed Hotel Albucasis on your recommendation, but not heard from them either (only did it a couple of days ago though).

Just as a matter of interest, how do you think we would manage if we telephoned Maestre, bearing in mind that our Spanish is fairly limited? We'll be OK at asking the questions, but not necessarily understanding the answers - especially with no gesticulations available from either party! wink

Thanks.

Jo

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3317 - 02/14/02 06:39 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
jmcarr Offline

I'd try Hotel Maestre one more time before giving up. It is a very nice hotel and very conveniently located, in terms of public transportation (on the #3 busline which runs to the train station) and proximity to the Mezquita and Plaza Tendillas. Hotel Albucasis was just reopening after being closed for the month of January, so they may just be getting back up to speed.

The fellow at the front desk did speak English -- our conversations alternated between English and Spanish, and I heard a group of Japanese students ask for (and receive) assistance in fractured English.

Jennifer

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: jmcarr ]

#3318 - 02/14/02 01:26 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Jennifer

Have now re-sent e-mail and am sitting with everything crossed. eek I've used the tools facility to ask recipient to acknlowledge receipt of message.

At least you've given me the inspiration to keep trying! rolleyes

Jo

#3319 - 02/15/02 11:48 AM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Have just received fax reply from Hotel Albucasis. (Not a peep from Maestre still.) They have quoted me 72 Euros, although the Tourespana site says it should be 54 in the low (summer) season.

I dont have a fax, or the language to dispute this, so do you think this is a reasonable price? Am tempted just to accept it anyway. laugh

Jo

#3320 - 02/15/02 12:08 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Jo-Anne, can I assume the information about Hotel Albucasis on the KarenBrown.com reviews is correct in that their phone/fax number is still 957-478-625?

Do me a favor: Give me the exact URL where you found the rates on the Tourespana site and I'll give the hotel a call on Sunday about the rate difference. (now let's not have EVERYONE else asking me to do the same, okay? Thanks. I have a good long-distance rate plan to Spain) Also, did you want a "cama matrimonia"? Did you want breakfast? (it's extra)

Why not send me an email with this information including your wanted dates and also send me another first thing Sunday morning as a reminder and I'll call them for you and email you back with the details - I can even MAKE the reservation for you if you'd like -- unless they want a credit card number to do so.

Have a good weekend, everyone!! Saludos, MadridMan smile

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3321 - 02/15/02 12:20 PM Re: Córdoba: Hostal Lineros/Hostal/Hotel Maestre & Hotel Albucasis
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Wow! What an offer!

Yes, the fax number is the same, and the Turespana page with the prices on is as follows: Hotel Albucasis

I'll send you an e-mail too.

Jes says we do want a cama de matrimonio! rolleyes rolleyes

Jo

[NOTE: "Accomodation rates quoted are those for 2001.

The new Tourist Portal will soon be coming online with all the relevant updates.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."]

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 349 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments