MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32938 - 03/18/06 03:47 PM Real Madrid football
Darrell Offline

Loc: Littlehampton, UK
Hi,

Please,I need some advice:

I would like to take my son to see Real Madrid. He is 12 years old. Is it usually possible to buy tickets on the Friday or Saturday before the match? What is the chance of the game against Real Sociedad on 8th/9th April being sold out? And are there parts of the ground I should avoid taking a 12 year old boy into?

Many thanks

Darrell

#32939 - 03/18/06 04:52 PM Re: Real Madrid football
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
It looks like they are still available here

http://www.mainevent.es/TB06/Pages/frmEvento.aspx?idFE=573

Kind of pricey though !! You will have to smuggle in your snacks at those prices

#32940 - 03/18/06 07:33 PM Re: Real Madrid football
Darrell Offline

Thanks for the reply. I know there are various agencies on the web who will provide tickets for a price, but I would like to buy at the "local" price when we arrive in Madrid. I was wondering what the chances were of this game having tickets available to the "general public" a day or two before the match. Looking at the statistics on the La Liga web site, it seems that Real Madrid rarely sell out, but I am looking for some local knowledge on this point.

Darrell

#32941 - 03/19/06 06:20 AM Re: Real Madrid football
Moon1978 Offline

Loc: nr. Preston,Lancs,England
Hi Darrell,
Although nothing is ever certain (!),if I was in your position I would be happy to chance buying tickets at the Bernabeu directly on your way to your hotel from the airport.
In other words,I do not think this match will sell out and in order to secure two good seats I advise going to the stadium box-office as soon as you arrive.
Do not buy from any online agencies.
Enjoy the match!
Cheers,
Si.
ps this is a useful site http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssdocs/ticketsales.html

#32942 - 03/19/06 07:37 AM Re: Real Madrid football
Darrell Offline

Thanks Moon1978,

This is what I had thought/hoped. Of course, if Barcelona lose their next 3 matches, including the one against Real Madrid the week before we want to go, and they're suddenly challenging for the title, there could be a rush for tickets.

But as you say nothing is certain in life. I just wanted to avoid arriving in Madrid that weekend with no or a very small chance of tickets.

Thanks again.

#32943 - 03/20/06 12:02 PM Re: Real Madrid football
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
With the way Real Soc is/has been playing this year, I would venture to say you should have no problem getting tickets, can't see 80,000 people wanting to watch a second dvision team...PS i am a Real Soc fan, but this year they have been terrible!

#32944 - 03/20/06 12:44 PM Re: Real Madrid football
Darrell Offline

Have hope - there is still the chance that 3 Andalucian teams go down. My favorite region of Spain!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments