Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32909 - 03/06/06 10:40 AM Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Hello
I am wondering if I have to purchase bullfight (corrida) tickets well in advance? I plan on seeing one May 14th or 15th and I was thinking of just dropping by a day or two before and purchasing my ticket at the counter...is this a bad idea? (a couple years ago I went to see one in August and had no problem purchasing the ticket the day of, but now I am getting nervous with the Fiesta de San Isidro)...any suggestions?

#32910 - 03/07/06 06:38 AM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
15 May is San Isidro. The top Toreros and the Toros bravos from the best breeding ranches in Spain will be at the Corridas in Las Ventas that week. Many aficionados make their way to Madrid for the occasion.

I don't know if they sell single day tickets in advance. Tickets for Sunday's Corridas used to go on sale the preceding Thursday on c/de la Vitoria. For Sun & Mon (May 14 & 15) I don't know. But, if you have a chance to purchase in advance you should go for it.

#32911 - 03/07/06 09:21 AM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
monito Offline

Loc: madrid
Why do you want to see a fine strong animal be killed, it's not even a fair fight, if you want to enjoy seing animals die horribly then go pay a visit to your local slaughterhouse. Do not support this barbarity, Bullfighting is the shame of Spain.

"Wild animals never kill for sport.
Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself"
-- Froude

#32912 - 03/08/06 08:00 AM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
I respect your point of view monito. I am an animal lover, but I believe that bullfighting is a complexe, truthful and typical Spanish sport who is deeply misunderstood. And to everyone who hasn't seen one, I think they should go....after having seen one with an open mind (and a little culture lesson and literature wouldn't hurt either), then it's up for them to choose to either support it or condemn it...

#32913 - 03/09/06 04:36 PM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
monito Offline

How can you be an animal lover and still want to see ritualized slaughter of an innocent animal, I don't think you need to go see a bullfight if you already know that it's morally wrong, it surely wouldn't change my mind...but I'll offer you a deal to balance your karma, if you go to a bullfight and enjoy it then you have to promise to go and participate in the running of the bulls in Pamplona, it's the only chance the bulls have to get even :-)
Now I'll just get back to reading my Hemingway.

#32914 - 03/09/06 09:48 PM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Monito,Monito,Monito,
Bullfighting is a tradition of Spain,not a shame.Where have you been? What do you think about fishing??? rolleyes

#32915 - 03/10/06 03:51 AM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
monito Offline

Just like the person who posts in a forum the fish has the choice to take the bait or not...no? Sometimes you throw them back....no?
Just because something is a tradition doesn't mean it is still valid, like stoning women to death in some Muslim countries is a tradition...
Bull**** :-)

#32916 - 03/12/06 10:32 AM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well i guess Monito is a vegetarian. thanks God we still have traditions in this electronic world.
All of Spain is wonderful!!!!Keep it going!!!

#32917 - 03/13/06 03:06 PM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
here we go again.....

#32918 - 03/14/06 08:12 AM Re: Bullfight tickets in Las Ventas (Madrid)
monito Offline

"well i guess Monito is a vegetarian. thanks God we still have traditions in this electronic world.
All of Spain is wonderful!!!!Keep it going!!!"

Keep what going? Spain??...Sorry but we're thinking of closing it down...not enough good paying jobs and the real estate is too expensive....next...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments