Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32786 - 12/17/05 05:03 PM Madrid: Any US College Football on TV?
JohnT Offline

Loc: Media, PA
Are there any American style sports bars that will televise live college football bowl games? I'm in Madrid on Jan 3 & didn't want to miss the PSU - FSU Orange Bowl game. I'll DVR the game but was interested in seeing it live if possible.

#32787 - 12/17/05 06:13 PM Re: Madrid: Any US College Football on TV?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Nope. You're/We're out of luck, JohnT. I too will miss my Ohio State University/Notre Dame bowl game while I'm in Madrid - BUT I WILL be listening live online to the local radio station which broadcasts the game over the internet.

You'll usually be able to find the National Football League's Super Bowl on TV in Spain but never college games. Sorry! frown

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32788 - 12/17/05 06:58 PM Re: Madrid: Any US College Football on TV?
Rubia Offline

I deal with this problem every year. I am a HUGE Iowa Hawkeye fan and last year I was listening to the Iowa vs. LSU Capitol One Bowl game over the internet at my fiance's house in Madrid. It was about 10:30 at night Spain time and for those of you who saw the game where we won on a last-second touchdown pass, well I was just going crazy and needless to say his family thought I was nuts to be so excited over a football game (let alone to sit there and listen to the internet for 4 hours). Anyway, you can sign-up to hear it online from your school's atheltic homepage. It is a monthly subscription, but I just cancel it after the game. Well worth the $7. This year since the games are being played on Jan. 2nd, we will be on our way back to the US during the Iowa game. We land in Chicago at 12:20, so we are hoping to catch the second half of the Outback Bowl at the airport (although knowing our luck, we will most likely get delayed somewhere). Good luck to all the Big Ten teams!

#32789 - 12/18/05 05:02 PM Re: Madrid: Any US College Football on TV?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Rubia, your determination and ingenuity make all of us Hawk fans proud! IGTBAH! laugh

#32790 - 12/18/05 06:27 PM Re: Madrid: Any US College Football on TV?
Rubia Offline

Gracias Jana! Although some people around here might not understand this, missing the Iowa bowl game is the one thing I do not like about going to Spain over Christmas (although I can't complain:) When I was in college I traveled to all of the bowl games (after we started winning again) and they were the best experiences ever! I always travel in black and gold and you would not believe all of the fans that I meet (even in Europe). Anyway, this is a little off-topic. Madridman, I would talk trash about your Buckeyes, but well, after what you did to us this year I will keep quiet. Hope everyone has safe travels over the holidays!

#32791 - 01/01/06 03:16 PM Re: Madrid: Any US College Football on TV?
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
John....You may not be completly out of luck. Several of the Irish Pubs downtown televise NFL and College Football games. Check a few out b4 you give up.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments