Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#31612 - 09/05/04 01:36 AM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Ok, I'll bite. What are niscalos?

#31613 - 09/05/04 09:46 AM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
They're a type of fairly large mushroom - bright orange with green stuff on them - looks like mold, but it's part of the mushroom. Sounds awful, but really - they're out of this world! They're only available for a short time around this time of year, and since they're hard to find, they're a bit pricey. In Cataluna I think they're called rovellones.

#31614 - 09/05/04 07:15 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL
I`d kill for a roast beef dinner now..

Price i pay for being in Spain too long,ah well for all those left in UK-enjoy the rain LOL..

#31615 - 09/16/04 06:43 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Mongo - I think you are there now?

I have trained well for you ...
cool

I spent 6 days eating everything in sight, including many of those tapas mentioned. I am well and truly stuffed! It was hard work, but I really wanted you to be ready to do justice to the Tapas By Proxy eating schedule.

This feast was at MM's favourite, el Brillante, and I had to really force myself to complete the training schedule here, the pace was a bit too much too soon. I did thoroughly enjoy every mouthful though.

Thanks to pim, Chica and miguelito, I also managed some more serious training sessions.

I hope you appreciate the hardship and effort I went to to help you in your mission to Proxy.

It was tough rolleyes

Hope you really enjoy the real thing on behalf of everyone, and please please please have some Pulpo a la Gallega for me, it was one of the few things I didn't manage to do a work out with, and is my all time favourite excercise.

Jo

ps - spike1 .... lastly .... can you believe that on my way home two days ago, there was a big picture of a roast beef dinner in Barajas airport at the self serve cafe place? Yes, it was their main dish!

#31616 - 09/16/04 07:12 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Oh my! Oh my! OH MY! Jo Anne wrote:
Quote:
This feast was at MM's favourite, el Brillante
Was that photo taken at El Brillante???????!?!?! If so, THAT MEANS THEIR TERRAZA HAS RE-OPENED!! WOO HOO!!!

Thanks for the report, Jo Anne! Can't wait to get Mongo's too. Yummmm... :p

Saludos, MadridMan <burp!> laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31617 - 09/16/04 07:16 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Yes, it was taken at the one and only el Brillante, just a few days ago, but the table was at the back (facing the Reina Sofia), not the terraza at the front.

#31618 - 09/18/04 06:34 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Diana

Chica, pim, myself and my friend had the Pimientos de Padron BUT .... aaaaargh! eek ! The first one I ate was a killer and the girls witnessed me being a crying sniffling wreck! I was brave though and ate another 5 or 6 of them which were wonderful cool Sneaky little things aren't they?

Pass the water.

Jo

#31619 - 09/18/04 10:48 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hey Jo --- good for you for eating some more!!!

Personally, I'd go for the beer instead of the water!

This summer I bought a package of pimientos de padron, took them home (Costa Brava at the time) to fry them up - and can you believe it, not a single one was "hot?" I was bummed!

I'm impressed! You did a great job!

#31620 - 09/19/04 09:52 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL
Thanks for that Jo...

I did have a Barajas roast dinner.Not good.

I have enough trouble asking for beef here.

I must admit tho.no probs with peppers and tomatoes,i should be a vegetarian but havent had a good roast dinner for a month.

Glad your trip went well smile cool

Do you need a winter hol in a villa with pool.Good rates LOL.

Marmite(forgot it) and mustard accepted as part payments.

Spike

#31621 - 10/08/04 04:34 PM Re: Tapas By Proxy!
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I bought a package of seeds (pimientos de padron) and brought them back, too. I think that is illegal...but that's a whole different topic. I had the opposite effect. EVERY ONE is really hot. Which is good for me because those are the best ones - but it gave my friend hiccups!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments