Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#31158 - 03/21/04 11:14 PM Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking into opening a tapas bar in the next couple of months and would like to get ideas or any suggestions on the food and wines of northern Spain "La Rioja" pacticularly the town of "Haro". Any informatin would be greatly appreciated.

#31159 - 03/26/04 12:39 PM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
Whitewidow Offline

#31160 - 04/06/04 05:07 PM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
I am probably not alone in wondering where the tapas bar will be! Hopefully somewhere in southern Vermont, ¿or is that asking too much?

#31161 - 04/07/04 08:13 AM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I would guess Chicago...and I really hope so. My dad lives there and I visit him every Thanksgiving. So SuaveChicago - get to work! :p I would love to eat there in November! Keep us posted on how it is coming along, proposed location, etc.

#31162 - 04/07/04 08:28 AM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Wines?

Talk to Juan Jose de Lecanda, a very pleasant gentleman whose wine I may soon be importing to California. "Florentino de Lecanda" is the name of their wine collection, and he is the commercial director. I know he would not mind me putting his information here... EDIT: This bodega is in Haro.

EDIT: Why, specifically, 'Haro?'

My company concentrates mainly on the wines of Castilla-La Mancha, but we couldn't resist tackling some wine producers from other regions when we were at Alimentaria Barcelona, in March. There is just so much good wine in Spain!

Also, if you are opening in Chicago, know your competition (like i need to tell you that, you probably already know...); Cafe Babareeba, Maison Sabika, La Perla, others..? Cafe Babareeba is *excellent* and very authentic. In downtown Chicago.

Good luck!

#31163 - 04/07/04 08:28 AM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Hoping for the Western burbs of Chicago here.... then I can make a few trips to it every year. laugh

I don't know how accurate these recipes are, but it is a source for a few that might interest you.

http://www.recipesource.com/cgi-bin/search?search_string=basque&any=off

Even better, you can find tapas in here....

http://www.ma-design.net/spain/spain_en.html

Wolf

#31164 - 04/07/04 02:32 PM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Please open your tapas bar downtown (sorry Wolf), Wrigleyville if possible. (as if I have a say, haha) I promise I'll come check it out!

#31165 - 04/07/04 04:14 PM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guy for all the words of encouragement and the various ideas. I'm currently looking to open in the Southside of Chicago near the Taylor Street/University IL. at Chicago campus or nearby Pilsen. The reason why I'm interested in information on the town of "Haro" (not to mention the region of "La Rioja") is because my last name is Haro and that "might" be the name of the restaurant or maybe even "Rioja". I won't know until I fly out later this month or early next month and visit that region in Spain. Any "recipes" would be greatly appreciated. I won't be as big as the some of the bigger players like Cafe Iberico, Emilio's etc. but I will try.

Ciao

#31166 - 04/07/04 11:04 PM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Go for it!! We in the Chicago really area could really use a good place like that! I for one will be the first to show up on your frequent customer list laugh
Kelly

#31167 - 04/08/04 08:27 AM Re: Opening a Tapas Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
YEAH!!!!!!! :p I WIN!!!!!!!! :p

My dad lives at 18th & Halsted! That sounds like walking distance for me! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments