Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30968 - 01/15/04 05:59 PM Madrid Sports Bars 4 both types of football, etc.
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
WOuld love to get a consensus on the most exciting places to watch:

1) American football playoffs
2) Real Madrid
3) NHL Playoffs

And other championship sports. I live near Atocha, but would travel for that all-important atmosphere.

Thanks! Almohada

#30969 - 01/16/04 06:12 PM Re: Madrid Sports Bars 4 both types of football, etc.
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
there's only ONE type of football wink

#30970 - 01/16/04 11:53 PM Re: Madrid Sports Bars 4 both types of football, etc.
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
O'Donell's on Espoz y Mino just north of Sol has a decent selection of international sporting events. I watched the end of the super bowl several years ago and it was full. I will probably be there this super bowl.

#30971 - 01/17/04 02:37 PM Re: Madrid Sports Bars 4 both types of football, etc.
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
YEs, there is really only one "foot-ball," but I am also a big fan of the American "crush-ball" or dehabilitate-ball." Suave y rico.

One question on this. DO any of the Spanish TV networks carry these games?

Muchas,
Almohada

#30972 - 01/20/04 06:56 PM Re: Madrid Sports Bars 4 both types of football, etc.
guiri920 Offline

Loc: CA
For US Football (which, for the record, I'm not a fan of) you can check out TGI Friday's near Bernabeau or Hard Rock... they definitely show the Super Bowl. I went there with football loving friends to watch it a couple of years ago. Lots of Americans, and lots of fanfare... Cheers!

#30973 - 01/22/04 10:37 AM Re: Madrid Sports Bars 4 both types of football, etc.
jojomlang Offline

I am from Orlando, FL and I am in Madrid for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I am here for the SuperBowl and a NE Patriots fan. I would like to see the game and I was sent to this chat room by a friend. Does anyone know if the game will be televised in Madrid?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments