Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30928 - 12/25/03 01:33 PM Merry Christmas mm.com, guess what santa brought me???
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
2 nights in Madrid in January, that's what laugh

It's been 2 years since I first went.
Is el Brillante still there and still as good as ever??? confused
Is that Argentinian place near a cinema(?) in the shopping area still doing sausage, steak and chumichuri(sp?)???

Is the Prado still free on a Sunday morning?? confused

What's changed in the last 2 years?? Any new places I shouldn't miss??? confused

Merry Christmas one and all.
A week on Friday - I can't wait laugh laugh laugh

#30929 - 12/25/03 06:24 PM Re: Merry Christmas mm.com, guess what santa brought me???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi notyor! So tell us: What did Santa bring you? A free trip to Madrid?

Yes, El Brillante is still there and (in my opinion) as good as ever. We had our "Party With MadridMan in Madrid" on their terraza last spring (and will once again do it this coming spring). They have fantastic fried squid sandwiches and nice big jarras/mugs of beer. I hear from many people, mainly locals, that El Brillante is not a good/nice place to take visitors because it's cheap, not especially nice, and not well located. Tell that to all the hoards of locals that eat there! I love it!

I'm not sure to which Argentinian place you refer.

As for the Museo del Prado being free on Sunday mornings, their general information page HERE say they are, in fact, free all day on Sunday, 9am-7pm and the price is 3.01€ (odd). Expect larger than average crowds on Sunday though (can anyone confirm this?).

I'll be there while you're there! Have fun because I intend to. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30930 - 12/25/03 11:29 PM Re: Merry Christmas mm.com, guess what santa brought me???
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I think the .01 in the Prado price is an attempt to be exact in the conversion from ptas to euros. They don't expect the 1 cent.

There was great worry during the conversion period that everyone would round up and there would be a sudden jolt of inflation. In Amsterdam some prices went up a ton. The locals there joke that they just changed the guilder sign to the euro sign. (The guilder was worth about .60 US at the time!)

Hey MadridMan-When will you be in Madrid in January? I have a ticket to arrive on the 30th. (Of course I will stay at the Adriano!)

#30931 - 12/26/03 09:21 AM Re: Merry Christmas mm.com, guess what santa brought me???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Museo del Prado doesn'texpect the .01€, eh? Hmmm.. They're really missing out on loads of extra cash. hehehe...

Mongo, I leave tomorrow morning (Saturday) for Madrid and will be there until January 7th. When you say you'll be there the 30th do you mean December or January? Say hello to Alberto and Javier at Hostal Adriano for me. I expect to stop in to say hello but not sure I'll catch them there.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30932 - 12/26/03 11:38 AM Re: Merry Christmas mm.com, guess what santa brought me???
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The 30th of January.

Buen viaje!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments