Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30863 - 11/03/03 07:06 PM Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
dr4kidds Offline

does anyone know about El Amparo? any other suggestions for a really fine meal? Is 10:30 the right time to make a dinner reservation?

#30864 - 11/03/03 07:22 PM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Where in Spain is this restaurant, dr4kidds? Please clarify and I'll update your subject line for you. Once we know, we may be able to help you with this and other suggestions. Also, 10:30pm sounds like a perfect time for dinner reservations.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30865 - 11/03/03 08:59 PM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
Is this it?
El Amparo

#30866 - 11/03/03 10:24 PM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I don't know. Let's wait and see what dr4kidds has to say about the city location of this mystery restaurant. wink

Nice to see you back on board, jaimemiguel! It's been a lonnnnnng time! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30867 - 11/04/03 05:15 AM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
Thanks MM. I haven't been around much because I have been working like a mad man (no pun intended) trying to save my company from ruin. I also have been very busy with the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.

Saludos.

#30868 - 11/04/03 10:24 PM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I do not know El Amparo, but two fine restaurants that I recommend are Casa Santa Cruz and El Cenador del Prado. If I had to pick one, it would be Casa Santa Cruz for the setting.

There are near each other. One just off Plaza Santa Ana, and the other near Plaza Jacinto Benavente and Plaza Santa Cruz.

As far as the time to dine, eat whenever you like, but most Madrid restaurants don't open until 8:30 P.M.

A buen provecho

#30869 - 11/06/03 08:13 AM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
dr4kidds Offline

Thanks for the replies. the rest. is located on Pasaje Puigcerda. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have a reservation but am having 2nd thoughts, will try one of the suggested places instead. again, thanks

#30870 - 11/06/03 08:33 AM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Pasaje Puigcerda. So... is that in Madrid? Let's get a final clarification and I can update the subject line to reflect the city location of this restaurant. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan confused

#30871 - 11/06/03 12:10 PM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
Lizzy Offline

Loc: Madrid
If that´s the address then it is in Madrid.
I have been there two times and both were a dissapointment. The chef has changed again and now they have better reviews.
For the same price range I´d go to Aldaba, Alberto Alcocer Esq. Dr Fleming 34 913597386.
They serve Basque food. The fish and the meat are excellent. Fresh as they come. The wine cellar great and the sommelier a very learned man. Setting is elegant and discreet. I´ve been a fan for 6 years and I still enjoy it. Price for two including wine (dessert too) 140 Euros approx. Good luck!

#30872 - 11/06/03 12:55 PM Re: Madrid:El Amparo - great restaurant or just expensive?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks Lizzy for both the city location and your review of the restaurant. I've updated the subject line to reflect the city in which this restaurant is located.

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments