Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#299 - 08/30/00 01:05 PM Lisbon hoteles
madrileña Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hola a todos,

Sorry, I know that Lisboa is not in Spain, but I have some business in Lisboa next week on a Friday and was planning on staying there for the weekend...(it's a nice change from Madrid!!)

Does anyone know any good hotels that are central to the old part of the city that aren't outrageously expensive?

Also, can anyone recommend good restaurants?

And finally, can anyone recommend any cheap flights between Madrid and Lisboa? My friends from Madrid are thinking about joining me for the weekend...

Thanks again!!!!

#300 - 08/30/00 03:32 PM Re: Lisbon hoteles
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Go to Sheraton.com, click on the HOT RATES section, and check out the hotel in Lisboa. It might be more than you want to pay? But I find the sheraton properties on discount to be a good deal in Europe... tell us all what we should see/do in Lisboa!

#301 - 09/11/00 03:24 PM Re: Lisbon hoteles
madrileña Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hola a todos,

Well, we are back from Lisboa and per rgf, I thought that I´d give you all a quick report

First of all, Lisboa is gorgeous and interesting, but quite a rough city...I cannot believe how many times we were approached by drug dealers! (and we are pretty yuppie looking...)And if you think that Madrid taxi drivers are bad, just try Lisboa - it was a terrifying experience to get around the city!

Despite all, we had a wonderful time. we stayed at the Hotel Veneza which was very centrally located, but quite pricey for a smaller hotel (26$000 ESC/night). I wouldn´t recommend it because it wasn´t terribly special and the staff were a bit off-ish, but the location is very good.

So, some things may be dodgy, but Lisboa is truly beautiful! We travelled out to Sintra to visit some friends there and I have to say that I have never been to such an incredible place - the castle there is wonderful - an incredible mix of styles and cultures. We also visited the castle in Lisboa and were awarded with gorgeous views of the Tagus river and the city.

Also, there are some excellent restaurants in Lisboa especially the seafood ones! We ate lunch at a seafood restaurant on the Avenida da Liberdade which was excellent...

However, I have to admit that we were so happy to return to Madrid...There is nothing like the energy and the pulse of this city...I suppose that I really call it home now!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 182 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments