Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2986 - 10/02/01 09:51 AM Astoria or Allegro (Barcelona)
mcpespo Offline

Is anyone familiar with either of these hotels in Barcelona? I have searched previous posts and there is nothing. I guess I am leaning towards the Astoria (rate is better), but I am concerned about its location and whether it is walking distance to the places I will want to go when there (this is my first trip to Barcelona so the usual touristy sites are planned!)_ It looks like it is just west of the intersection of Sur Diaganol and Ramblas. Please advise!! Thanks, MC smile

I meant, just west of Sur Diag. and Pg. de Gracia intersection! :p

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2987 - 10/02/01 02:13 PM Re: Astoria or Allegro (Barcelona)
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Mcpespo: From this location in Barcelona you can see many Gaudi sights with a short walk to the Casa Mia. This is one of his best known buildings. The Eixample Barrio is beautiful & upscale but not necessarily over expensive. The Diagonal Metro stop is right on your corner & the Ramblas is not too far by foot.There is a tour ticket available at his sights which will gain you entrance for all of his magnificent buildings(edificios) at about half/price. I like your choice and I will stay nearby in Nov. for a few nights with my girlfriend. Last year we stayed in the Barrio gothic but this time it's Eixample. Enjoy. Ski

#2988 - 10/02/01 07:42 PM Re: Astoria or Allegro (Barcelona)
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I too will be staying in that area in December. I have booked at the Hotel California The rates are very reasonable and the facilities are super, bed, breakfast and vat 7700pts per night.

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: SuePycroft ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 521 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments