Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29516 - 08/07/02 01:59 PM Out& About in Madrid
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Hi i'm a twenty year old female student moving to Madrid in September for a year. Just tryin to get a feel for what kind of nitelife is there in Madrid.Any ideas on how I would go about meeting other students (aka fellow reprobates) in the Madrid area?

#29517 - 08/07/02 03:32 PM Re: Out& About in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Are you then studying as well as working the no-pay job or just hoping to meet other local students? I think you'll find many English-speaking students in Madrid. At our last "Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0" last spring we had a couple women/girls from one of the "American" schools. Plus, if you can attend some of the other non-MadridMan-attending message board member gatherings there I'm sure you'll meet a number of Spaniards with whom you may form friendships. Did you say you spoke Spanish??

Madrid is WELL KNOWN for having a thriving nightlife culture. And if you're there in September you can start right away! In fact, if you go alone, walking through Huertas or Plaza Santa Ana there's a good chance you'll meet some people just by chance.

Have fun and good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29518 - 08/07/02 05:22 PM Re: Out& About in Madrid
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
The point is that there is not a kind of nitelife but many of them. What is going on in Chueca, for example, has nothing to do with what is going on at barrio de Salamanca, Huertas, La Latina.......... If you said what kind of atmosphere attracts you we would be able to recommend you some neighborhoods or places.

Regards,
Andrés

#29519 - 08/08/02 12:02 PM Re: Out& About in Madrid
stacey Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Has anyone gone on the walking wine tour or I call it the "tapa drunk tour?" I went on a booze cruize when I was in Hawaii and you could have all the drinks you wanted until you docked. That was fun. I was thinking about squeezing that in. I will be only spending a short 4 day stay in Madrid. Anyway, where are some good places to go, I will be staying on the Grand Via and don't mind traveling a bit since I am a New Yorker, presently in San Francisco. rolleyes Stacey

#29520 - 08/08/02 05:11 PM Re: Out& About in Madrid
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Hi. Didn't mean to imply that Madrid was anything less than fantastico. To be more specific : I do speak spanish( its part of my degree) but I could do with a lot of practice. I enjoy drinkin (sociably), cheesy music, r&b, uk garage and pop, Basically I want to get out and meet people and to have a laugh. I'm open to suggestion on the MANY different places there are to go out in Madrid

#29521 - 08/10/02 06:14 AM Re: Out& About in Madrid
Andrés Offline

Ummmmhh, why don´t you try the international party. Thursday night, Palacio de Gaviria . There are people from all around the world living in Madrid in this event, Spaniards as well.
As for your music tastes I am unable to help you, I am another victim of the Caribbean rythims and dances that have invaded Madrid: Merengue, Salsa and Bachata, addictive stuff.

Good luck!

#29522 - 08/12/02 02:26 PM Re: Out& About in Madrid
stacey Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Thanks, Andres', the Palacio Gaviria looks like a really cool place. I am going on Thursday, August 29, 2002. smile See you there.

#29523 - 08/15/02 12:07 PM Re: Out& About in Madrid
Kaella Offline

Loc: Providence, RI
Aine, I'll be studying in Madrid from sept-jan. I go to BC and will be there with 40 other BC students. We can meet up in Madrid sometime. I also speak Spanish. Email me and we can set a date to meet.

#29524 - 08/16/02 02:33 AM Re: Out& About in Madrid
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I don't know what all you "nightlifers" are referring to. I found Madrid to be very boring at night. Is it normal for the streets to be almost barren by nine o'clock?

Oh, I'm sorry, I was referring to nine o'clock A.M.... New York may be immortalized in song as the "city that never sleeps", but Madrid is truly the "city that not only never sleeps, but never even stops for a breath".

#29525 - 08/20/02 07:57 PM Re: Out& About in Madrid
Andrés Offline

Stacey, 29th Palacio de Gavaria sounds good to me.
The big question: Do you know how to dance? cool

Andrés

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments