Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#28959 - 12/19/03 01:05 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
Ernesto Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN, N.A.
For anyone dining in the Southeastern U.S., any visit to Nashville, TN should include dinner at ZOLA. Voted Nashville’s Best Restaurant, Best Chef and Best Menu two years in a row.They’ve got a great Paella and the Iberian Trout is amazing. Stuffed with homemade chorizo, caramelized onions and Spanish cheeses, served with a sherry potato broth and a tomato relish. They also have a great selection of Spanish wines. Pazo san Maura Albarino goes great with both of those dishes.

http://www.restaurantzola.com

#28960 - 12/19/03 01:51 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
LouW Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Here are three here in Washington, DC.

Taberna del Alabardero. VERY expensive. The food is delicious and beautiful, and the service is second to none. Luminaries and dignitaries eat here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=entertainment/profile&id=791947

Jaleo. Trendy and expensive – but not as expensive as Taberna. Tapas are their specialty. Younger, trendier crowd than Taberna.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=entertainment/profile&id=791767

Rincon Espanol. Good, traditional Spanish food. Reasonably priced. Great neighborhood.
http://www.longwood.edu/staff/lgoetz/ModLang/DCTripRestaurants.doc

#28961 - 06/28/04 12:28 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
This weekend we took a trip up to Boston and we were able to go to one of the restuarants that someone had suggested : Tasca in the Brighton area. We were celebrating our 21st eek wedding anniversary, so we were ready to "feel like we were in Spain" (at least a little) We ordered a lot of tapas---our girls had to have tortilla and un plato de quesos, and jamon serrano. We especially liked the pastel gratinado de puerros , the Hojaldrados de Chorizo and the gambas al ajillo ( although it could have been a bit more picante for our taste!...we also ordered patatas bravas, but they came with a little alioli sauce on the top which took away from the bravas flavor we were hoping for. We then shared a paella valenciana which had a good flavor and was served in a mini-paella pan(which I like much better thatn the casserole dished then tend to serve Paella in in the States!) although it was probably not cooked in the paella pan, it made a nicer presentation. It is a very nice restaurant...the Sangría was delicious laugh and it gave us a little feeling of Spain for the evening. I would definitely recommend Tasca also.

#28962 - 07/10/04 12:50 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Hi,

Just wanted to post a correction to a couple of earlier posts citing incorrect street locations of restaurants:

1. Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!, in Chicago, is on Halstead just south of Fullerton (2024 N. Halstead, 773.935.5000) , and ,

2. Luna Negra, in Pasadena (LA), is on Green Street, one block south of Colorado Blvd., and on roughly the southwest corner of the intersection of Fair Oaks and Green. There is a 'Bucca di Beppo' a couple of doors down from this one.

FYI, there's also a new Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! that opened in Las Vegas at 3200 Las Vegas Blvd South.

#28963 - 07/10/04 12:55 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Wow Thanks! I'll definitely check the LV location out! What is it near?

#28964 - 07/10/04 01:00 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I just looked at the Cafe BBR website and according to the site the LV location doesn't open til August. Have they opened early?

#28965 - 07/10/04 09:59 PM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
If you are in Manhattan I would really recommend Centro Español
239 West 14th Street, New York
(212) 243-9308 for a very authentic experience. I was there last night for the first time. When you enter you immediately feel like you are in Spain...with the customers ( men in boinas playing dominos, the aromas of Spanish food cooking and, of course, everyone speaking Spanish). That room leads into a dining room which is a bit less casual, yet not at all fancy. We were three people. We had 3 tapas: sardinas a la plancha, aceitunas aliñadas y el plato casero--queso manchego, jamón serrano and chorizo . For dinner we ordered a paella ( which was so good--especially the rice that was sticking to the pan--showing it was cooked in the paellera ) laugh , pollo al ajillo y merluza a la vasca--- smile

We also ordered 2 bottles of wine...no dessert or coffee though. The bill was $120--we thought it was reasonable for what we had eaten. All in all, I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want a good Spanish restaurant that is simple yet very authentic.

#28966 - 07/11/04 02:33 AM Re: USA: Good Spanish restaurants
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Mencey,

I don't know anything about the LV Cafe Ba-Ba... as far as what it's near or opening date.

The manager of the Chicago one is a friend that told me about it.

Aside from 'mapquesting' it and giving it a shot on your own, I'd suggest just calling and (702.932.1200) aksing them.

Hope it's open for you to check out!! Let us know!

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments