Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#286 - 08/28/00 05:40 PM accommodation for my parents??!
arty_lass Offline

Loc: wolverhampton, west midlands, ...
having spent a while in spain i have talked alot to my parents about the beauty of the place and they want to go. however they are in their sixties and require accommodation that is quiet, comfortable and cheapish. they also require 2 bedrooms, they are looking to stay near san sebastian. can anyone help me to find accommodation that would suit them or a web site to help?..thanks..

#287 - 08/30/00 05:02 AM Re: accommodation for my parents??!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
NEAR san sebastian? You mean like in pueblos/campo/sea coast? if so you need to contact an agency that rents houses/villas etc. Otherwise, San Sebastian itself has lovely hotels. See what deals the Sheraton has for there Maria Cristina in S.S.

#288 - 08/31/00 02:37 PM Re: accommodation for my parents??!
arty_lass Offline

thanks rgf im looking into it right now...

#289 - 08/31/00 02:41 PM Re: accommodation for my parents??!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

If you look into the Sheraton, go to sheraton.com and click on hot rates. they usually are GOOD! but non-refundable. there are usually deals for the weekend and so on. They always have the Mencey hotel, which is STUNNING, in tenerife, for 15,000 ptas on weekends! less than $100.

#290 - 08/31/00 03:41 PM Re: accommodation for my parents??!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow arty_lass! You've done something I've never seen accomplished before; using the words "San Sebastian" AND "cheapish" in the same sentence! hehehe.. I think if you add the two words together you get ZERO. rgf, is there anything cheapish in San Sebastian!?? Maybe in some small town outide, no? This is a rather upscale part of Spain, is it not? I understand it's beautiful, but pricey.

If you go to HotelSearch.com and type "San Sebastian" into the DESTINATION search box you'll get several hotels (most of which are 4-5 stars!! Youch!), but many of them have websites. Good luck and hope your parents hav a great time!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#291 - 08/31/00 05:11 PM Re: accommodation for my parents??!
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
if your parents are renting a car, try Hondarrivia, a town east of San Sebastian across France. They have a Parador and plenty of reasonable accomodations I stayed in a log cabin for around US$50.00 a few years ago, but I can't remember the place (it was part of a campground and they had about 6 little log cabins for rent).

#292 - 08/31/00 07:01 PM Re: accommodation for my parents??!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Ouch, I checked the Ma. Cristina (amazing hote, btw) and even w/ hot rates it is 32 thousand pesetas. Right, it is high season still there. Maybe if they need 2 rooms they should look into an apartment arrangement. I don't know how it works in San seb., but in Santander there are many lovely apts. by the week.

#293 - 09/04/00 05:23 PM Re: accommodation for my parents??!
arty_lass Offline

thanks for all your help guys! i think the apartments are the way to go....im surprised at how expensive san sebastian seems, after staying there in june, right in the centre of town, for 2000 pts a night...it was a bit noisy though...good job our drunken snoring drowned it out eh?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MsWebWyz, November
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1259 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments