Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#28372 - 11/29/01 10:09 PM La Casera in the USA?
shula Offline

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
I've been lurking, reading posts for several months, and have found so much useful information. I'm hoping for some more. I was in Spain for a few weeks, traveling primarily in Southern Spain. While traveling I acquired quite a taste for La Casera--that magical bubbly drink. Now back in the States, Florida in particuliar, I find myself craving it. Does anyone sell this stuff stateside. I noticed Tienda.com sells a pricey collector's version (currently out of stock), but I could truly use good source.

BTW, I'm in love with Spain, the culture, and the dance!! Plan to go back, maybe in April to Sevilla for the Festival. smile

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#28373 - 11/29/01 11:47 PM Re: La Casera in the USA?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Welcom Shula, if you're a Spain lover, you're in the right place!

I've been trying to find somewhere that sells Fanta limon to no avail, but if you do find la casera, let me know!

Bienvenida y hasta la proxima!

-GG

#28374 - 11/30/01 05:59 AM Re: La Casera in the USA?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
That's the Feria de abril in Sevilla. If you had about 3-weeks you could catch the tail end (jueves y viernes) of Semana Santa and the feria de abril (usually 2-weeks later). Spend the interim time hanging out somewhere in Spain. cool

As for the la Casera, my Suegra used to mix 7-up (or Sprite) with seltzer for a similar taste. rolleyes

#28375 - 11/30/01 10:46 AM Re: La Casera in the USA?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
As a matter of fact, there is a website, which is currently down, at www.lacasera.es . And no, this isn't one of my phony sites...check all the great beverages at www.juerga.com/bebidas/bebidas.cfm . smile

That last URL doesn't connect, but if you go to Google and type this in: "la casera" +bebida, you'll get a link to www.juerga.com's bebida section.

My dad spent five weeks in Spain with me in 1992 and smuggled a case of casera bottles back in his suitcase! It's an enchanting beverage to many!

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#28376 - 11/30/01 12:37 PM Re: La Casera in the USA?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
CaliBasco, that second URL did work, but only after I edited your posting so that there was a space between the end of your URL and your period. Here on the message board, no syntax can be at the immediate end of the URLs or it screws up the link. (Note: if you require syntax at the end of your URLS you can do so using the ADD URL functions with the buttons below the editor upon entering your message)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#28377 - 11/30/01 12:57 PM Re: La Casera in the USA?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
We've been trying to find a source for La Casera for our restaurant here to no avail. Tienda.com is too expensive for everyday consumption.
Instead of the Sprite thing, try Sierra Mist, it is less sweeter than the others and is close enough to La Casera to use when making sangria.

#28378 - 11/30/01 04:52 PM Re: La Casera in the USA?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi Laduque,
Might I ask, who makes Sierra Mist? The last time I had la Casera was in So Beach at one of the sidewalk cafes and I was delighted with the taste, but I did not find it in the grocery stores there.
Gracias
Booklady - Who appreciates a refreshing drink!

#28379 - 12/01/01 01:09 AM Re: La Casera in the USA?
shula Offline

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
Where in South Beach? I might look it up the next time I have a show or workshop in Miami--maybe I can bribe the bartender

#28380 - 12/01/01 03:35 AM Re: La Casera in the USA?
nevado Offline

I'll have to try the Sierra Mist. I've been making my own versions (nothing compares) but have found 1/2 7-up 1/2 club soda comes kinda close. British lemonade is also another option.

#28381 - 12/01/01 05:59 AM Re: La Casera in the USA?
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I always enjoyed a splash of La Casera in a glass of vino corriente. I've tried substitues like "Sprite" 7-Up, etc. But they're always too cloying. It would be helfpul to find an affordable source in the USA. La Tienda is generally overpriced on most things.
Cantabene

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments