Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28358 - 11/21/01 08:13 PM Madrid: Eating out Dec. 25
Chica369 Offline

Loc: York, PA
Is anyone in Madrid hosting tapas walks anymore? Need one Xmas week -- badly! Also, amigos, any ideas if restaurants will be open Dec. 25? Bars with food? Will we simply starve...???

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#28359 - 11/23/01 01:11 PM Re: Madrid: Eating out Dec. 25
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Chica369! I don't know if Andrés is doing his Walks of Madrid tapas crawl on the evening of Christmas day or not. I'd seriously doubt it.

Do any madrileños out there know if the majority of bars/restaurants will be open Christmas Day/Night? I doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#28360 - 11/23/01 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Eating out Dec. 25
Miguelito Offline

On Christmas Eve tapas bars are crowded at noon and everybody is very happy, but I guess it will be difficult to find a normal place for dinner or for lunch on Christmas day. I know some hotels and restaurants have specials menus for these events but I think almost of the bars will close. Anyway, I think my information isn't very good as I have never tried to go out for lunch on Christmas day.

#28361 - 11/23/01 03:13 PM Re: Madrid: Eating out Dec. 25
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Like Miguelito, I've never had to eat out on Christmas Eve, or on Christmas Day, so....
But I'm sure there'll be SOME Spanish places open; above all Chica369, please DON'T WORRY, you won't starve ;), one can always count on places such as VIPS , a restaurant chain, where MissMadrid works(I think), they're open every day of the year. I know it'd be nobody's choice for typical Spanish food, but hey!, it's only for a day, right?

HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#28362 - 11/25/01 05:08 AM Re: Madrid: Eating out Dec. 25
josemacall Offline

Loc: Galapagar(Madrid)
Hey, how are you going?

In Nochebuena (Xmas Eve), many of the restaurants are closed, so the workers can enjoy with their families as the rest of the Spaniards.
But in 'Dia de Navidad' (Xmast Day), they are opened and many people use to go to them. The only handicap is that the staff of the restaurants were 'partying' all night long, they will a little bit asleep, so the service will be slower. laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments