Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2791 - 08/02/01 01:33 PM Hostal Chelo or Lopez??? (Madrid)
Wendalina Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
laugh I am coming to Madrid for 5 days in November and I need to know which of these two hostels ( Chelo & Lopez ) would be best? Are they located close to any nightlife? And are they safe for a female travelling alone?

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2792 - 08/09/01 09:51 AM Re: Hostal Chelo or Lopez??? (Madrid)
asheaves Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, NC, US
Hi, I stayed in Hostal Chelo for 5 days in May and would highly recommend it. I've been meaning to come back to the board and post...anyway, it's nice, quiet. I think you will feel very safe inside the hostal. The street outside also felt very safe to me; it is small, and busy most hours of the day and night with ordinary people doing ordinary things. There are a number of nice, inexpensive restaurants near the hostal and it's easy to get around either on foot or using the nearby metro station.

The street across Gran Via, about 200 yards from the hostal, the road that leads down to the area called Sol, is a place I (a woman) wouldn't go alone after midnight and I'm not sure I'd feel safe there after about 10 pm. But during the day it's fine.

I don't know anything about hostal Lopez.

asheaves

#2793 - 08/10/01 10:28 PM Re: Hostal Chelo or Lopez??? (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Wendalina! By using the SEARCH link above/right and typing CHELO and/or LOPEZ you'll find (literally?!) hundreds of postings on these two fine establishments. I have stayed at them both and can recommend them highly. laugh They're located in different parts of central Madrid, but they have their own area of excitement and action/nightlife. BUT, they're not TOO far from each other so you could easily enjoy the nightlife in the area of BOTH on foot!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 219 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments