Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27888 - 07/05/01 10:45 AM Please help settle a fast-food argument!
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Last night, I went out with a friend of mine who was recently in Madrid and Barcelona. We got into talking about food and she mentioned that even fast-food restaurants are expensive!!! confused And so began our discussion on the price of a Big Mac meal or Whopper combo. It's been a while since I've gone into McDonald's or Burger King in Madrid, but I doubt that prices have skyrocketed like she's making it sound.
Could someone clear this up for me and tell me (in pesetas) how much a combo costs at "McBarf's" and "Booger King"??? rolleyes rolleyes frown
I told her that I would find out by the end of the day!!!
laugh

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: SusiLaGallega ]

#27889 - 07/05/01 12:10 PM Re: Please help settle a fast-food argument!
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
It costs 645-695 ptas (with regular fries and a soft drink, water or beer). It's not expensive but I think a "menu del día" in most cafeterias and restaurants is a better deal. For 1100 ptas.(more or less) you have two courses, dessert, bread and a drink (and the tips is always optional).

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: Castiza ]

#27890 - 07/05/01 02:36 PM Re: Please help settle a fast-food argument!
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thank-you for your response, Castiza!
I e-mailed my friend with this thread, but she still says that when she was there, it was more than that! Oh well, some people are just too stubborn! rolleyes

#27891 - 07/28/01 12:23 PM Re: Please help settle a fast-food argument!
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hey SusiLaGallega, wooops! You may have claimed victory too soon. In the summertime, "MickyDs" and the "Booger Rey" always come out with their famed "Menús de Verano" and while the price is usually what Castiza said, in the summer it goes up to 720 pesetas. Hey, it is a bit more but you get free gum at "MickyDs". Plus, if you add extra large fries and drink, it can shoot up to over 800 ptas.

Nonetheless, that is only like $4 and last time I was in the U.S.A. it was much more than that for the combo.

I am in 100% agreement with Castiza on the "Menú del Día" instead. I go to a great place here for 900 ptas. and it used to cost only 800 until about a month ago.

Saludos,
jer..

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: jer ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments