Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2785 - 07/30/01 12:20 PM Hotel Carlos V or Hotel Mora (Madrid)? Also Hotel Guadalupe (Granada)?
mcpespo Offline

Hi-- Husband and I will be travelling to Madrid, Southern Spain and then Morocco in October- I have a room with terrace reserved and confirmed at the Hotel Carlos V in Madrid. I have received rave reviews about the Mora though and am now wondering if I should try to get a room there instead--I called to check on their availabiltiy and they told me they would only accept reservations two months out from the date of arrival so I will have to call back in a few weeks-
Also, just read Palasr's mediocre review of the Hotel Guadalupe, where I am reserved in Granada-My first choice was Hotel America, but they had no avilability and suggested the Hotel Guadalupe-- anyone have an alternate suggestion? Thanks! smile

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2786 - 07/30/01 01:21 PM Re: Hotel Carlos V or Hotel Mora (Madrid)? Also Hotel Guadalupe (Granada)?
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
You can't go wrong with the Carlos V. I stayed thre in May 2000 and thought it was great. Its been written abot before on this board, you should do a search to see the reviews, which were all favorable.

#2787 - 07/30/01 05:12 PM Re: Hotel Carlos V or Hotel Mora (Madrid)? Also Hotel Guadalupe (Granada)?
CAN14 Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
I stayed at Carlos V just a few weeks ago. They were more than helpful at the front desk. But the best part of it was the location and the A/C. It is walking distance to almost everything you want to see and a two minute walk to the metro. The cold breakfast that was offered in the morning was nice. The price was reasonable compared to some of the other hotels in that area. The only thing is that I wouldn't rely too much on the shuttle service they offer to and from the airport. You can't count on it showing up.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
JUAN CARLOS66, kendra3713
Who's Online
0 registered (), 949 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments