MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#27734 - 07/30/01 04:02 AM Re: TGI Fridays
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Well, now you HAVE brought it up (Right expression? rolleyes ) I forgot to tell you that a few weeks ago I actually made it to Banus one lunchtime and had to sample the wares for myself.

I have to say that I think you are (mostly) being a little unfair, as although we didn't have too much, being a lunchtime, what we did have didn't move around too much on the plate and was perfectly acceptable.

Liked the red and white striped uniforms, as that should upset the Madrileños who follow that team based at the Santiago Bernabeu who have taken over the Costa del Sol right now in their thousands laugh

Also thought that the decor and service was OK and although it was fairly late in the afternoon, about four-ish, it was very busy. I believe that you have to queue for a table in the evening. I wouldn't go back, because I prefer value for money and although the food was OK, I thought it was a rip off, as even allowing for the location in Puerto Banus, it was pretty expensive and for the same money you would spend for a full evening meal there, I could eat like a king in many other places.

That's it Jer and MM. I declare the ghost exorcised and my curiosity satisfied. Nobody will ever mention those initials again..... Apart from the end of the week, that is, when I head off to the Friday Night Club for a well earned San Miguel or several and mutter "TGI....."

#27735 - 07/30/01 08:11 AM Re: TGI Fridays
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hola taravb, great news on that MissMadrid employment situation. MissMadrid, if you read this, congrats and let me be the first to welcome you aboard the Spain Ex-Pat parade. Take it from me, it is an awesome ride laugh ! Just don't eat your meals at work :p !!!

Hey MadridMan, sorry for waking the dead buddy, it struck a nerve and I could not resist. You could have closed the topic though and done us all a favor.

Hey Anchovy Front, jejejej, Well done on that "Brought it up" pun (if that was indeed your "no pun intended" :)). I have never actually tried TGIF here in Spain but perhaps it is better than in the U.S.A. (let's hope so).

Are you sure those sporting the red striped uniforms were not candy stripers like the ones who volunteer in hospitals around the U.S. and were there to take care of the sick and food poisoned laugh.

One last note before I too bury this. Anchovy, since we are in Spain, how about muttering "G.D.Q.E.V." (Gracias a Diós Que...) or is that too long for "TGIF" (doh! I wrote it!).

Saludos,
jer...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments