Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#27644 - 06/08/01 05:27 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Ooh Real Madrid won??? smile Asterault help me here, I don't really know the difference between la liga and the UEFA stuff, etc., and I know I saw in El País last month that Bayern Munich beat them somewhere... did they just win the big game they won last year (they were against Valencia in the one I am thinking of from last year, in the last week of May)? Or is this a different league?

#27645 - 06/08/01 05:55 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Real Madrid won the Liga ACB (basketball). They are currently leading the liga de fútbol too, but we're not done with that season yet...

I think they beat Tau (Vitoria) in the playoffs (or are they still playing?).

#27646 - 06/09/01 09:50 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Cool thanks CaliBasco. When is the fútbol season over? It is not still going on at the end of June right? (For someone who loves Real Madrid I guess I don't know much about the logistics of the game!)

#27647 - 06/10/01 07:37 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Real Madrid won the fútbol liga, 'clinched' so to speak, even though there are 2 more weekends or so.

The ACB is still in the semis - Tau or R Madrid, against Barcelona in the finals.

#27648 - 06/11/01 06:11 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

I should've known that...I went to the ACB finals in 1992: Estudiantes Badalona vs. Real Madrid...and that was in mid-June...

BTW: Is Estudiantes still Estudiantes? They were really good in the late 80s and early 90s with Epi and a few other notables (normally the guys you'd see get beat-up on at the olimpiadas by USA and Lithuania...), but still some good play. I haven't looked recently to see if they're still around...

Also: Lakers 2-1...the McDonald's Challenge should be interesting this year, no matter who wins the NBA...

#27649 - 06/12/01 06:18 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Estudiantes is in Madrid.

However there is a team called 'Joventut Badalona,' I assume this is it and they joined the 'let's change our name to Catalan' fad.

All prime smackdown material for even the LA Clippers. laugh

#27650 - 06/12/01 04:56 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Yes...you are correct, sir. I forgot it was Joventut. I thought initially they were Juventus, but knew that was in Italy, so went with Estudiantes...

Who were the other "stars" in their heyday? All I remember is Epi (who actually played for Barça) and some point guard they had with a name like Villalobos or something...he was quick, but would've been spit out by any PG in the NBA.

#27651 - 06/13/01 12:59 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

I don't know really as I have only been here a year and follow the footie more (incidentally tonight my beloved Fiorentina plays Parma for the Italian). I like the interviews with the American hoopsters on Spanish TV though with their thick accents.

Also the NBA tonight - I hope tattoo boy is rested as this is a must. Maybe Shaq will be off making one of his fine cinema or musical pieces instead. laugh

#27652 - 06/14/01 05:27 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Yeah, I remember those great interviews. Probably a lot like Dikembe "Cookie Monster" Mutombo speaking to Peter Vecsey after the game last night. Mutombo from Africa and Vecsey from Brooklyn. Who won, anyway? Oh yeah, the Lakers. :p

#27653 - 06/15/01 07:03 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Well there's still one game left, maybe Shaq 'Kazaam' O'Neill will have an off day and cost them a game. My poor ex-city needs a morale booster. With the Phillies and the Eagles (some weird game with a longish ball), self-esteem is not what one would call good.

Don't like Mutombo much eh? I don't know much about him, I've been out of the States long enough to be out of the sports 'know.'

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments