Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#27634 - 06/04/01 06:52 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
OK, OK--back to the question posed-

NBA in Spain? Well, last May in Madrid and Seville, I was able to watch tapes of the playoffs on TV at 8am every morning. Beats staying up to 4am (at least if all you're doing is watching TV)

CHICAGO BULLS NBA CHAMPS!!

(This Message has been Post-Dated to the year 2010 by: Kurt) rolleyes

#27635 - 06/06/01 04:14 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
The games are on starting this morning at 3:00 (local Madrid time) on Canal+. I will be watching them from the comfort of my LA Living Room at 6:00 p.m.

¡Aupa Lakers!

#27636 - 06/06/01 05:23 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
CaliBasco,

I was a Lakers fan way back in the days that they were in Minneapolis. They had players like George Mikan, Whitey Skoog, Clyde Lovellete, and Slater Martin. In fact, I remained a Lakers fan until long after they moved West, until the Milwaukee Bucks came into the league.

That means I enjoyed the Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, and Gail Goodrich era as well. (Please note I have carefully left out Lew Alcindor/Kareen Abdul Jabbar. Had he stayed in Milwaukee, instead of wanting to jump ship, they could have rivaled the Boston dynasty)

I remember how WCCO TV carried their games on TV long before teams were in LA, and cities like Cincinnati had the Royals, Ft. Wayne was home for the Pistons, and Syracuse, NY was where the Nationals played (Wizards now I believe). They continuously carried a higher rating for their time spot than national broadcasts. They were the toast of the NBA then, as it appears they are now.

Even though I'm a Bucks fan, I'm now rooting for the Lakers. I guess old allegiances die tough.

"Go Lakers! Kick 76er butt!"

Wolf (Still crying over Bucks loss)

#27637 - 06/07/01 01:50 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

If anyone needs me, I'll be in my living room eating crow. I'm sure this loss tonight has something to do with the conspiracy of the NBA to make the finals interesting.

Where is George Mikan when you need him? laugh

#27638 - 06/07/01 06:52 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I would like to say something witty, but the truth is I fell asleep on the couch at 1.30 and missed the whole thing. confused

#27639 - 06/07/01 08:12 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Well... they didn't look like "The Greatest Team In History." But since they really aren't, it was good to see them take a loss.

I'd hate to let Shaq & Kobe run around telling everyone how they single-handedly (notice they don't know the difference between single-handed & as a team) whupped up on the entire league.

Of course it's going to be difficult for Alan (Don't I deserve an Oscar for my acting the part of an injured prima donna?) Iverson to put up another one of his unconscious nights. So... if you're thinking Lakers in 5 or 6, you might be right.

As indicated by Cali, the NBA officiating does tend to make one wonder. I watched the Bucks spend seven games wondering why hacks across the throat when you're doing a lay-up, and muggings, were not being called fouls, while breathing on Iverson & company after having eaten garlic was a flagrant foul.

I love watching the officials turn their back on players when they complain. Especially when they know damned well the player was right... after having been hit for a foul that never existed. It reminds me of an old adage. "Don't try to confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up."

Wolf (Tired from watching 24 millionaires with a combined IQ of 110 "strut their stuff" on the court)

#27640 - 06/07/01 08:57 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Well, Real Madrid won la liga, so this phenomenon is not unique to the NBA.

#27641 - 06/08/01 08:16 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
canal+ , finally got my answer.

#27642 - 06/08/01 11:03 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
juiceg Offline

Loc: Wilmington, DE USA
BEAT LA...

#27643 - 06/08/01 11:29 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

That's good...I've got one: Beat the Blue Hens...which NBA team is in Delaware, anyway? :p

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments