Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#27624 - 05/21/01 08:06 AM NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Hello
Does anybody know where to catch an NBA playoff game in Barcelona? Is there such thing as an american sports bar here?

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#27625 - 05/21/01 10:42 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I've been in Spain for three NBA finals, and all three times, the games were carried LIVE on TVE-2. In the "old" days, there used to be the NBA game of the week...the show was called "Cerca de las Estrellas" (Close to the stars), but now, the NBA is a little more popular than even then, which is why you'll catch things live.

You'll have to do the math, since LIVE means about 2:00 a.m. Spain time. We never went to a bar to catch the game...we usually met at someone's home to do it. I would simply ask around your neighborhood where you'll be and see about who's open, etc. You may get lucky on the times, though, since Sunday games are usually early-afternoon.

By the way...Go Lakers. laugh

#27626 - 05/21/01 12:59 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
It's (NBA) usually on C+, I've caught a few games since I've been here (of my beloved 76ers).

Here's a schedule: http://www.cplus.es/codigo/deportes/retransmisiones_deportes.asp?Seccion=Retransmisiones

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: Asterault ]

#27627 - 05/21/01 01:17 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Since Asterault & CaliBasco have thrown in their plugs for their fav teams, my turn; "Go Bucks!" smile

Wolf

#27628 - 05/24/01 08:07 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks for your help. And this is quite embarassing, but I must say it. "Go Bulls" rolleyes

#27629 - 05/24/01 08:37 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yes! Go Bulls! wink Or better yet, Go Wizards! Wait, that'll be NEXT year. hehehe..

But seriously folks, I suppose if you couldn't find it on TV you could go to a cybercafe/easyEverything and listen to the game on an internet cybercast through headphones. Just an idea. laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27630 - 05/29/01 05:47 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Buuuut waiiit! WHO will be in the finals????

WHO?

Sixerrrrrrrs!!! And some other team.

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Asterault ]

#27631 - 05/29/01 05:33 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

In deference to MadridMan, former Bull Jack Haley was quoted on Sunday saying "whoever wins the East can pride themselves as the East champions. They'll tell themselves 'second place isn't too bad!'"

The Lakers will make mincemeat of either the Bucks or Sixers. I would love to see Earvin 'I'm not Magic' Johnson or Dikembe Mu-'Tom Boy' "take it to the rack" on Shaq. After watching Tim 'Not doin' a Whole lot of' Duncan and David "My Ship is Sinking" Robinson get worked by Shaq O'Neal "in my presence", the East will most likely be a four-and-out post script to the Lakers incredible run. :p

#27632 - 06/04/01 06:55 AM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Having attended colegio in Orlando, I would too enjoy any public humiliation of Shaq "can't make free throws" O'Neill and the Lakers.

#27633 - 06/04/01 06:11 PM Re: NBA on TV in Barcelona?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

The Sixers would be better off with Epi coming out of retirement and Fernando Martín at center. With Eric "My Broken Foot Will Pale in Comparison to my Broken Heart" Snow and Dikembe "I Sound Like the Cookie Monster" Mu-Dumb-o trying desperately to cope with Shaq "I Don't Need Free Throws...a Dunk is Worth Two" O'Neal and Rick "All of a Sudden I can Defend Anyone" Fox, not to mention Kobe "Who's Your Daddy, Allen Iverson" Bryant, it ain't gonna be pretty.

The only thing the Sixers have going for them right now is Pat "Don't Call Me Jim" Croce. The only reason it might even go to six games is so the Lakers can win it at home...and burn the celebratory squad car out in front of the Staples Center. smile

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: CaliBasco ]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments