Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#274 - 08/24/00 06:05 PM Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
Tara Offline

Loc: Ireland
(UPDATE from MadridMan on October 31, 2004: See my posting on this date towards the end of this thread. The Hostal Bianco I IS NOW CLOSED)
===============================================

Myself and my 2 student friends are going to Madrid in mid september and we have reserved a room at the hostal Bianco on Calle de Atocha, any feed back on this hostal and the surrounding areas would be GREATLY appreciated! ( as we have very worried parents on our cases!)I stayed in Gran Via last Easter and i was wondering in comparrison which is safer and quiter for 3 young students to be staying for a week!

So any information on the saftey (especially at nite) in the area surrounding that hostal would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
Tara

#275 - 08/24/00 06:27 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Tara! Welcome to the group! I have received the following emails from people who have stayed at Hostal Bianco :

1)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 17:27:34 EDT

Hi,
first let me say that we used your web page to plan our 2 weeks in Spain this past Jan. and it was VERY helpful. But just thought you might like to know that hostal Bianco did not honor our reservation, had no knowledge of it, told us they had no room and really looks like a DUMP. NOT BLAMING YOU. Just thought you might like to take them off your list. However, Atocha is a
great street and we stayed at a hostal about 3 doors down from Bianco and had no problem. Parking was great the room was immaculate and the owner pleasant. So all went well.
Thanks for your help!

2)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:48:00 +0100
<XXXXXXXX@westminster.gov.uk>

Thanks again for the info on your website - Madrid was better than I could have possibly imagined, but the reason I am emailing you is to provide a warning to all future visitors regarding the hostal for which I made a reservation, the Hostal Bianco (calle de Atocha, 81)

I made a reservation using their website reservation facility, but just to make sure I emailed them to ask if the reservation had been made, and would it be a problem if I arrived around midnight/1am. They replied
that the reservation had been made and as they were a 24 hour hostal my time of arrival woul be no problem.

When I arrived at 1am on the morning of 7th April, printed copy of my email clasped in my excited-to-be-back-in-Spain hand, they told me that there was no room. When I showed them the email, and asked if I was at
the right address, they told me that I was in the right place, but they were full, and they did not know who ran the website or who made the reservation, because they certainly had no knowledge of it. And with that we were thrown out on to the street.

I realise that this sounds like an enormous whinge, and arriving in a new city at an unearthly hour with no accommodation can be an invigorating experience, but I've got to the age where I try to avoid such excitement by booking ahead! Having no accommodation is annoying enough; no accommodation plus v.tired girlfriend plus no idea where you
are going to stay or even spend the next few hours until sunrise is quite another, so please save any other visitors this hassle and let them know that the Hostal Bianco is entirely unreliable (and, I might add, a total dump).

Apart from that Madrid was great, but if it hadn't been for the Hostal Aguilar (calle de San Jeronimo, I think) and the kind old man who let us in, the whole Bianco experience would have put an enormous downer on the whole trip.

Keep up the good work,
XXXX, South London.

That's all I have, Tara. So, of the above two, NEITHER had actually spent a night there. I think, while still busy, Calle de Atocha will be MUCH MUCH quieter than the Gran Vía where you stayed last time. As for safety, it's hard to say, but *I* would say that Calle de Atocha area would be a bit safer, but at the same time, it's more secluded....in a manner of speaking.

Have a great time in Madrid and Spain!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#276 - 08/25/00 08:16 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
Tara Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks alot Madridman!! Im off to book some new accommodation now! Thank god i asked you here for help otherwise we may well have had a disaster on our hands!
Calle De Atocha sounds fine to me so i think i will concentrate on that area!

Thanks again!
Tara

#277 - 08/25/00 09:27 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi Tara! If you've already changed your mind you should ALWAYS cancel as soon possible so they can fill those rooms with other clients. I'm sure Antonio will/would tell you the same.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#278 - 08/25/00 07:25 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Madridman is right. Please, if you are not going to Hostal Bianco, tell them to cancel your reservation.

Just call them or e-mail them again and let them know you are not taking the room. Also, in the place you decide to stay tell them about your arrival time and notify any change. This is very important for us (hostal owners).

Regards and enjoy Madrid!,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#279 - 08/25/00 07:36 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
It's amazing what I'm reading about Hostal Bianco. I've visited their site and it seems it hasn't been updated since 1998.

Also, there is something weird about their e-mail address "bianco@batch-pc.es". "Batch-PC" is a computer store, not an ISP. So I guess, someone at Hostal Bianco could work at one of these shops. Otherwise, I don't understand why they have this address.

Madridman, when you come to Madrid you could check what's going on with this place. It seems that someone replies to the booking requests but then he doesn't pass the information onto the hostal managers

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#280 - 08/25/00 08:17 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Antonio, this IS very strange. I suspect they're checking email from/through this computer shop since the hostal probably doesn't have internet access themselves.

I'll check this out and then return to this thread and enlighten everyone. I'll be the "Madrid Hostal Watchdog" on this trip. I plan to visit Hostal Bianco and MANY MANY others which I have on my MadridMan's Madrid Hostels page. You'll ALL get a FULL report on them all.

#281 - 02/09/04 06:33 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
Beach Offline

Any update on Hostal Bianco? I was considering making a reservation at the Hostal Bianco listed under the 'featured hostals' on the main MadridMan page but this thread has me a little concerned! Is this a different Hostal Bianco?
(This is the site of the place I'm looking at: http://www.hostalbianco.com/Hostal_eng.htm )

Does anyone have any feedback on the street this one is on? Quiet? Lively? Safe?

#282 - 02/09/04 07:14 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi Beach! Welcome to our little message board. smile

There are actually TWO Hostal Bianco-s. There's Hostal Bianco II @ http://www.hostalbianco.com (the one you saw in the "Featured Madrid Hostels" section of MadridMan\'s Madrid Hostels . Hostal Bianco II is in the Gran Vía area.

The other Hostal Bianco, Hostal Bianco I, is about halfway up the Calle de Atocha and their website is http://www.hostalbianco.com/atocha/ .

From what I've read above, it seems the one discussed is the one on Calle de Atocha (Hostal Bianco I) and not the Hostal Bianco II in the Gran Vía area which is one of the "Featured Madrid Hostels".

Anyone have any "fresh" reviews of these places?

Saludos, MadridMan

#283 - 10/16/04 10:17 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
petemeister Offline

Loc: UK
I am interested to see if anyone DOES have a fresh review of Hostal Bianco 2, as I am planning on staying there in February of next year. If no one has, then I'll post a review when I get back. If anyone has anything to tell me about it before we go, please let me know at pete@pilotschool.freeserve.co.uk.

Helpful site, btw Madridman....

#284 - 10/24/04 12:36 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi petemeister (and MM).
I have posted a fresh review of Madrid Hostal Bianco II: message link .

Hope this will be helpful
robbieroy

#285 - 10/31/04 09:27 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco I?? NOW CLOSED
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

NOTICE:

The Hostal Bianco I IS NOW CLOSED. It was located on Calle de Atocha, 81. Do not confuse this with the Hostal Bianco II. The Hostal Bianco I website is still active but the hostel is no longer open.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments