Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27334 - 03/31/01 10:16 PM Buying Chinchon
javier Offline

Loc: jefferson city, mo usa
I am wanting to acquire (buy) five to six bottles of Chinchon liquor. Please help me find someone who can purchase these bottles or a contact name for me to communicate.
Mucho Gracias

My email is www.seachele5@home.com

#27335 - 04/02/01 06:17 AM Re: Buying Chinchon
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anyone here in the USA ever seen Chinchon sold at their local or specialty beverage store?? If so, maybe you could take note of the importer and pass it along to javier, but I'm not at all sure an importer would want to ship/sell only 5 or 6 bottles. Still, it's worth a try.

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 04-02-2001).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27336 - 04/02/01 07:25 AM Re: Buying Chinchon
jensdog Offline

Loc: Houston, TX 77006
I myself am a fan of Cuarenta y Tres. Yummy and I can buy it here!

#27337 - 04/02/01 11:06 AM Re: Buying Chinchon
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
It's well worth a side trip to Chinchon for anyone going to Toledo or Aranjuez, for example,in order to go and buy a bottle of the famous anis. The little town is worth a visit, if only to have a meal on the balcony of one of the old restaurants surrounding the square.

Be careful of some brands though - a friend of mine brought some for presents, which was over 70º proof. You sip it v-e-r-y carefully!

#27338 - 04/02/01 10:51 PM Re: Buying Chinchon
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I haven't seen any
Chinchon here in Baltimore, but have noted some El Mono on sale. I didn't buy any. Unfortunately, it was of the sweeter type, and my palate dried out long ago. In addition to its after-dinner sippping qualities, a good Spanish anis is indispensable in the making an authentic sol y sombra.
Cantabene

#27339 - 04/09/01 11:24 AM Re: Buying Chinchon
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
After being asked to purchase this, I have done a little investigating to see if I could find it from an importer here in Chicago. No luck yet, but we also have Cuarenta y tres. As a matter of fact, this can be found at samswine.com. I have asked a cousin in the liquor business to see what he can find out about this liquor, but I haven't been able to find anyone that can give me a brand name. So, if anyone knows please post. :p

#27340 - 05/02/01 07:53 AM Re: Buying Chinchon
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Javier, sorry no luck on Chinchon. I looked at the places that I could for it, but I was on a holiday week, and many places were not open, or the ones that were didn't have it. I even looked for it at bars and cervecerias, and only found one place that served it. I also tried a last ditch effort at the Madrid airport, which I must say, has a nice duty free store, lots of wines and liquers, but no Chinchon. Maybe I wasn't in the right region. But, I am so sorry, I couldn't get for you.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments