Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#26950 - 02/22/01 09:47 AM Tapas Suggestions
Amy25 Offline

Loc: Troy, MI USA
Well I am leaving in less than 2 weeks for Spain and I am trying to come up with last minute questions that I have. First of all, I am not a big vegetable eater, never have been, probably never will be, what Tapas would you recommend trying that aren't made with vegetables? I mean I eat a couple of vegetables but there are some that are just out of the question, i.e tomatoes, peas, green peppers, olives, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, I am sure there are more, if there are not listed they probably don't thoroughly disgust me...Can anyone give me suggestions?

#26951 - 02/22/01 11:05 AM Re: Tapas Suggestions
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Tapas
Serve a selection of little morsels: shrimp, white albacore tuna, roasted red peppers, green olives, chunks of sweet French bread, anchovies; green onion, spinach, or potato fritatta.

#26952 - 02/22/01 01:48 PM Re: Tapas Suggestions
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
You should try the meatballs (albondigas), the chicken croquettes (croquetas) and of course the cured ham (jamon serrano) and manchego cheese. Enjoy!

#26953 - 02/22/01 09:12 PM Re: Tapas Suggestions
snuglette Offline

Loc: Northern California
Now that we have the goods where do we go for the treats to do the tapa tango?

#26954 - 02/23/01 10:44 AM Re: Tapas Suggestions
rhonda Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
For great tapas i would suggest 2 awesome places on Calle San Bernardo. Take the metro to san bernardo(brown line or red line, or else walk up san bernardo from gran via). There are 2 places on this street that I love! One is called La Taparia, and i can never remember the name of the other one, but it's right across the street. So when you get out of the metro you have to start walking towards Gran Via(downhill), but these places are really at the top of the street, so you won't have to walk far. There's a nice pizza restuarant right there too(with some 100 or more diferent pizzas)...yummy...
anyways, i know i´m not great at giving directions so if someone is really interested in going to these places, send me an email and i'll try to explain better.
Saludos,

#26955 - 02/26/01 08:18 AM Re: Tapas Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rhonda,
please send me those tapa bar directions you spoke of please:
paloofo@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Joe

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 02-26-2001).]

#26956 - 02/26/01 08:33 AM Re: Tapas Suggestions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ronda, I agree with Joe Medano, where in Spain are these places you mention?? I didn't see a location in your posting. Thanks!

Amy25, other non-vegetable tapas that I love would include patatas bravas (I know that potatoes are really a vegetable, but who doesn't love potatoes??), croquetas con jamon, sometimes paella is served as a tapa (yum!), and what about those delicious calamares?!!

Please return here to this/your thread when you come back to tell us what non-vegetable tapas you liked most.

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 02-26-2001).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26957 - 02/26/01 08:49 PM Re: Tapas Suggestions
snuglette Offline

Loc: Northern California
Rhonda, I would like directions to the places you recommended. What is the atmosphere like and what did you eat at these places that impressed you so much? Do you also remember the name of the pizza place? Sorry I have to ask because it is my husbands fave food and he could not go 3 weeks without it...Couldn't find your e-mail address--here is mine CSnugle@aol.com Thanks much!

#26958 - 02/27/01 04:45 AM Re: Tapas Suggestions
rhonda Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi everyone...sorry for the delay.... The places i talked about are in Madrid(in case that wasn´t clear!). Hmmm... i think the best way for me to give better directions is to actually go by there later and get the actual street numbers. Then you won't have any problems finding it.
I was impressed by these two places for different reasons. And they are quite distinct. When I get the names and numbers i will give more details on what i ate there and how 'ricisimo' it all was....
Saludos,
Rhonda

#26959 - 02/28/01 02:20 AM Re: Tapas Suggestions
SpainSpud Offline

I'm waiting, too! Hey, is rhonda the official "person on the beat" for this website? She (it is she, right?) it really hitting the pavement for that "up close and personal" report on specific places in Madrid. When do you find the time, rhonda?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments