Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26567 - 01/07/01 01:07 PM I just want some toasts with my coffee!
jefe7 Offline

Loc: San Juan, PR - Newport, RI
Okay, what am I doing wrong? In my last trip in at least 3 cafeterias in Madrid I tried ordering some toasts (tostadas) for breakfast. They would tell me that they didn't have any, so I would just order a bocadillo or some churros because I figured, okay, they don't have the grill going on or something. But then, I look around and I see somebody else eating what it looks like tostadas, or, like it happened in the last cafeteria, somebody (locals) ordered tostadas and the guy happily asked "with butter or oil?". I just got up, payed, and left.
I speak spanish, not with a spaniard accent though, plus I had my 5'10" blue-eyed blonde girlfriend by me, so it was obvious that I was a tourist. I must say that there were some other cafeterias in Madrid that I had no problems with my orders.
So, do you think they were just exceptions to the rule, or am I forgetting a magic word besides "por favor"?

#26568 - 01/08/01 06:14 PM Re: I just want some toasts with my coffee!
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Poor Jefe7. that sucks. I have no answer for you though. Maybe try "pan tostado" ???

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments