Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26548 - 01/05/01 04:21 PM How old? (to drink/clubs)
Ryane Offline

Loc: Owosso,MI,USA
I am traveling to Madrid in March and I wanted to know how old you must be to party in Madrid. For example, drinking and getting into clubs, what age must you have attained? Thanks!

#26549 - 01/05/01 06:44 PM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
As long as you are 18 you are entitled to drink and enter whatever you want to.
I must also say I have never seen anyone showing one´s ID in order to enter a night club or having a beer.

Cheers,
Andrés.

------------------
Taste Madrid with:
http://www.walksofspain.com

#26550 - 01/06/01 01:28 AM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
Ryane Offline

Loc: Owosso,MI,USA
I am not 18... I am younger, will i be able to get in? Thanks again

#26551 - 01/06/01 10:08 AM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
i thought the legal drinking age was 16, when did it change to 18?

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#26552 - 01/07/01 02:41 AM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Technically the drinking age is 16 for wine and beer, 18 for liquor. But on that note, I never ever saw anyone get carded, so Ryane as long as you could pass for 18-ish you should have no problem. Also I don't think anyone would ever really monitor that you only drink beer and wine.

#26553 - 01/07/01 09:39 AM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
The legal drinking / buying age in Madrid is 18 years, as you can see from the new law issued in May 2000 .

Antonio

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 01-07-2001).]

#26554 - 01/07/01 02:18 PM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
chopchi Offline

I can't envision showing your ID in Spain in order to be served alcohol,can you? My students always give themselves away as Americans because they obsess about these sort of things-they actually have their IDs rady to show!It will be interesting to see how Spain actually tries to enforce this law.When it comes to wine American kids try a few sips and go back to their Cokes/Pepsis .The club scene is another challenge.16 year olds on school trips usually have a curfew and so it is difficult to really enjoy the true dance clubs because my students had to be back in the hotel just when the "fun" was beginning.If you don't have a curfew and you will soon find out where you can go and how late you can stay.

#26555 - 01/07/01 09:37 PM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
When the legal club age was 16 three years ago, my students had to show their passport at the door of a Madrid disco club - Joy.

Thank you for informing me that the age has been raised!

#26556 - 01/15/01 06:15 PM Re: How old? (to drink/clubs)
Laurie Offline

Loc: Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA
Ok, i am traveling to Spain in a month and a day for two weeks. my first week is spent in Madrid and my second wekk is spent in Cadiz with a family. I am traveling with 17 other girls in the 10th and 11th grades and my spanish teacher who is originally from Cadiz herself. Anyway, i am concerned about getting into clubs also. I guess i just want to make this experience as special as i can and really experience the culture as much as possible. So you all say they dont card. Would it be safer to get a fake ID or is the chance really small if i could pass. Also, if you are with a group and some look younger than 18 will they not allow the whole group in...or will they still take some? also do u find yourselves waiting outside to get in for awhile. Is it hard to get into clubs such as OHM or Pacha? So u need to be dressed up> I just need some help here. Our curfew is 4:30 am so with that in mind can u let me know all the importnat info>
thanks
laurie

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments